I'm really proud of myself

Whenever I have to do things, like chores around the house, etc, I always think to myself, “I suck at this.” Because it’s so hard, and takes me a lot more time and energy to do things that normies would have done in a fraction of the time.

Tonight, I had to scrub out the litter boxes and put in clean litter, then cut down some boxes, then put all of the trash and recycling out for pick up in the morning.

As some of you know, I’ve been battling with heavy duty depression, apathy, etc. And just getting up hurts. Especially when I occasionally have the voice telling me to hurt or kill myself.

It took me all day to get around to it, but I finally got up and did those damn chores!

And it occurred to me – I AM good at this.

I must be ■■■■■■■ great at it, to be able to take care of a house and a cat while dealing with what I deal with.

So, yeah, I’m really proud of myself.

10 Likes

I’m happy to hear you feel a sense of accomplishment today. For me sometimes it’s the little things that keep me sane. Being productive is always a plus. Depression is a horrible feeling.

1 Like

Thanks! It sometimes escapes me, the idea that the little things matter, because I get so focused on what I don’t do, and what my life isn’t. Tonight gave me some new focus!

1 Like

I can relate to that. For me it’s reminding myself to take a shower daily. If I don’t shower for a few days I start feeling useless. When I practice hygiene I feel more able to go out to public places like grocery shopping, stuff like that. It’s strange because when I lived on my own I would use public transportation daily and didn’t really feel out of place. Lately, I do feel like I’ve been cooped up.

1 Like

I made it a point to ask my sister to go to a movie with me this weekend. It’s a plan to get out of the house and do something enjoyable. Maybe you can do something like that?

1 Like

That’s not a bad idea. I’ve been thinking about going to the movie theater to watch a movie. There’s a really nice one not too far from here. It’s been about 10 years since I last went.

1 Like

Yay! You should!

1 Like

I just saw Venom 2 is still in theaters. I haven’t watched all the super hero movies but Venom was one of my favorites when I’d read comics. Saw the first one with my nephew. It felt relatable as a person who hears voices. Deep down I’m a really geeky person heheh.

1 Like

Geeks are awesome.

We’re going to see The Last Duel – it’s not supposed to be great, but I love the actors in it (Matt Damon, and Adam Driver)

1 Like

hehe. Going to lie, that title sounds kinda dorky. Just the kind of movie I’d watch. Lol

1 Like

You should be proud of yourself!

1 Like

Thank you! :blush:

That’s fantastic @Pandy ! I had a moment like that today with my therapist. I think I’m starting to like myself again LOL

1 Like

Good job pandy your doing great! :panda_face:

1 Like

That’s wonderful! I hope you like yourself – it sounds trivial, but it’s a really hard thing to do sometimes.

1 Like

Thank you, Sir.

You are very helpful to me. You do me great service, with your wit and creativity. You make me laugh everyday, even when I’m in my worst state. Then I get to respond, and life isn’t bad for a little while.

1 Like

Absolutely. I have a filter that only lets negatives. But I’m finally beginning to see how that works. Old habits

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.