Im noticing something weird about my glasses this morning

So. I had cataract surgery on my right eyr awhile back now. I went the chesp route and did not get the dual functiom lens for both up close and distance . It was an additionsl 3 grand. It was a mistake notbto get it imo.

Anywho , my up close visiom is total gsrbage now , as my leftveye cstsravt is getting worse an right eye only sees good at distance. So i got glasses for up close only. The first time they gave me distance omes and i hadbto send them back and get them redone.

So this morning I’m trying to read the small primt on a bottle. I cant so i grab my glasses. They dont help at all at first. Then l look through just the bottom and i can read it. They are like a pair of bifocals.

I guess i thought, since they are only for up close…the emtire lens would be up close, not split. Did they screw up again, or isbthis how they do it?

1 Like

You need reading glasses also. There are spelling mistake in your above post because of it.

1 Like

lol. No, thats because my internet went out and I ended up using my phone. I dont do well with the itty bitty letters to hit. and I didnt feel like taking the time to take their word suggestions on every word. So i just left the typos.

2 Likes

Reading glasses arent bifocals so yes, they screwed up again.

1 Like

i didnt think so. But I had never required prescription reading glasses before cataracts and surgery with one distance lenses. I was always near sighted. Now I’m far sighted.

Do you think they just went cheap and used the old lenses they screwed up the first time and turned them into bifocals?

1 Like

You’re telling me those glasses with little bubble lenses on the bottom section for close up reading cost THREE…THOUSAND…DOLLARS?

That’s insane!

My grandpa used to have them, they seemed super helpful with his paper.

1 Like

no…the lenses that go in your eye after cataract surgery… not glasses lenses. two different things.

1 Like

Ohh that makes sense. A lot more sense actually.

Sorry for the confusion I hope you don’t mind that I asked

1 Like

i dont know if they can do that. May be stupid question.

I thought it was just me in this world who has to take there glasses off to read stuff up close wow :exploding_head:

1 Like

Did you order the glasses online or did you select frames etc at the optometrst and they ordered them for you? Can you check the receipt?

It sounds like they accidentally made bifocals instead of reading glasses. I would recommend contacting them.

1 Like

Ordered them from optometrist and they ordered.

I probably have it buried in my papers somewhere. I would have to find it though.

I would just let them know they made bifocals instead of reading glasses. Bifocals are typically more expensive then reading glasses so make sure to have them explain what they charged you for.

1 Like

Makes sense. Thanks.

1 Like

yo yall actually still believe in glasses? just see! :roll_eyes: :joy:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.