Schizophrenia.com

I'm not going to go to the party

I’m stressed as it is. I don’t have anything appropriate to wear. I don’t know how I’m going to get there and back. I’ve already paid £20 to go to the even. But the taxi fair is roughly £20 to and another £20 home. Then I’ve paid a fair amount for the clothes. I’m going to return it. I don’t want to go. I can’t handle crowds and that many new people. I can’t do it :frowning:

I’m pissed off at myself I never wanted to go and I don’t think this is worth the stress.

I understand what you mean. I was invited to my partner’s nurses Christmas party. My partner is a certified nursing assistant. I’m nervous.

1 Like

I’m shouting at my family over little things coz I’m so stressed about it already. I have anger issues already. Besides what am I going to do there? I don’t talk I don’t like dancing it’s just not my thing.

Your dress is beautiful and you will have a fun time. You deserve a night of fun.

1 Like

you should go …

My idea of fun is having a quiet one at home rather than put myself out there in front of 90 strangers. It’s no fun trust me. I forced myself to go with5 of my colleague and I couldn’t wait to leave.

I just feel pissed off at myself because I can’t do it and I thought I should maybe push myself out of my comfort zone.

It cost me £79 money I can’t afford

And l only agreed to go so I didn’t look bad

I guess I can’t relate to that. I love a good party. But if you would rather not go, there’s nothing wrong with that either. Just don’t make the decision because of anxiety.

1 Like

I tend to agree with this, I hate crowds/parties, even if I know everyone there. Don’t be so hard on yourself if you can’t find yourself ready enough to go to a party…sometimes we have to step down and take care of ourselves before we consider social events, and taking care of yourself can mean doing whatever necessary to lower stress levels and making yourself comfortable. If the people who invited you to the party truly care for you they will understand if you can’t attend for whatever reason.

1 Like

I’m worried about embarrassing my partner, I’m socially awkward.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.