I'm more ill than I thought I was

The people in those cultures are the most high functioning sz. The lower functioning ones in those cultures get locked in barns or tied to a tree in the woods or just outright killed, because they have no way of dealing with people who are psychotic.

I mean I’m quite successful working part time with no job accommodations, I’m a full time student and maintain above a 3.5gpa, I have a few friends and boyfriend so I’m capable of hanging on to meaningful relationships… I’m just very very different than other people. I have yet to experience such severe levels of psychosis that I completely stop functioning as people with severe sz do. Key word “yet”. So honestly if our society was accepting of me and less stigmatizing, I feel I would do much better. Without the chemicals. Although I can’t change society, I don’t feel I should give up trying to find an alternative just yet.

1 Like

I would talk to my psychiatrist about those symptoms if you want to continue being as functional as you are. I get horrible memory when I’m psychotic so I would talk to the Dr.

1 Like

Good point. I do as well. I also don’t process language well when I’m psychotic… makes learning lectures and helping customers super hard. I’ll update her next appointment.

1 Like