I'm losing my hair

I’m turning 50 this year and my hair is thinning by the month. It’s really noticible to me now. I could be bald within a year if this continues.

Good job I’ve grown a beard as that might compensate in some visually distracting way :joy:

But it sucks a bit.

4 Likes

I’m losing my hair too and I’m female.

1 Like

Sorry to hear that @SkinnyMe .

1 Like

I’m pretty thin on top too. I just embrace it. I usually wear a hat when I’m outside though, and I’m fairly tall.

2 Likes

Yes. I’m going to have to learn to embrace it.

2 Likes

I remember in my 30’s, my hair came out when I brushed it. I thought this is not going to happen to me - and it quit coming out.

2 Likes

I just embrace it too. What else can I do? I just cut it very short. It looks better that way.

1 Like

I’m 62. I still have my hair but it’s thinner than it was in my 40s. It’s par for the course that men’s hair thins with age , but it doesn’t always mean you’ll go bald.

2 Likes

It would be great if the thinning paused. We’ll see how it goes.

1 Like

https://www.disabled-world.com/calculators-charts/hairloss-calculator.php

1 Like

Wow. That’s pretty interesting. It says :

According to our research, along with the data you entered into the calculator, You are:

Quite Possibly

going to lose all or a significant amount of your hair.

The calculator estimates you will lose most if not all of your hair by the age of

But one interesting variable was I had to enter the amount of stress I’m under. And I’ve been under severe stress for the last few months. Which is when this started.

So I wonder if it’s this :

Extreme physical or emotional stress can affect hair growth and cause the hair follicles to shed more rapidly than normal, leading to temporary hair loss through a process called telogen effluvium. Telogen is the resting phase of hair . … Once the stress is alleviated, hair regrowth will start to recover in 3-6 months.

My husband has lost alot of his hair on top and he is 37. I don’t mind it. I find it sexy. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

My hairline is actually getting higher because of stress and fatigue.

1 Like

hey have you ever considered having your head like micheal jordan?

1 Like

My hair is much thinner too. I think the medicine causes it.

1 Like
1 Like

When i go for too long without buzzing my hair i notice that it is getting thin on top. I can see the scalp now and that wasn’t always the case. I just buzz it super-short anyways so i’m not all that worried about it.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.