I'm jealous of my work

I played the piano so beautifully that it took the attention off me. A show girl would demand as much attention as her music, but not me. I died in the beauty of my work.

5 Likes

It’s cool you played piano. I think my daughters are taking lessons.

1 Like

That is so beautifully said. A long, long time ago I was at a level of play that it felt Transcendent at times. I just happened to be the one holding the guitar, the group was of one mind

1 Like

you don’t play the piano now anymore @PinCushion ?

1 Like

That’s right. I don’t have one.

1 Like

that is cool that you can admit/say how cool you were at playing the piano :smiley:

i like it when people do that

1 Like

I heard a recording of my playing. When I’m actually playing, I’m too busy to judge.

2 Likes

I also want to reach a stage where I can look at a painting i did and think omg that is brilliant

i have high standards on myself when it comes to judging my art work

i admit it is ok sometimes but I want to reach that stage where I think I am like high professional level.

1 Like

@PinCushion, did you get a birthday cake or birthday card from the people where you live?

Yes, my favorite. strawberry shortcake.

2 Likes

Thats so wonderful @PinCushion . When I listen to recordings of myself playing the piano all I can think of is how horrible I sound.

You need to be more objective. It’s not about you, it’s about the music.

1 Like

Thank you @chordy. I needed to hear that.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.