I'm having an echocardiogram today

I’m not even sure what an echocardiogram is, but I’m having one. I know I will feel safer after having it. That is if all goes well. I’m sure it will. My trainer was explaining to me yesterday how someone is when they have a heart condition and he said he thought I was perfectly healthy and that everything was going to be okay. It made me feel a lot better. He has a lot of experience dealing with people who have heart problems. But I’m glad I’m getting it checked just to be 100% sure.

4 Likes

I had a psych doc meeting recently and before this meeting I had to go to the lab where they tested my blood (the comprehensive blood test) and did also the heart ECG. All blood results were okay except my morning blood value, also the heart ECG was good. It is good to check one’s blood and heart regularly.

1 Like
1 Like

An echo is like an ultrasound test. You will lie on your side on a bed and a technician will place a small sound emitter on the chest. Is completely painless

3 Likes

An echocardiogram uses sound waves to produce images of your heart. This common test allows your doctor to see your heart beating and pumping blood. Your doctor can use the images from an echocardiogram to identify heart disease.

Depending on what information your doctor needs, you may have one of several types of echocardiograms. Each type of echocardiogram involves few, if any, risks.

3 Likes

It was easy, It’s just like when they do an ultrasound when you’re pregnant.

3 Likes

I’m glad it went well @leafy.
Did you get back the results?

1 Like

The technician didn’t say anything, so I’m assuming that means it was fine.

1 Like

That is positive.
You can always call them up to get the results.

1 Like

Echocardiogram is an ultrasound of the heart.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.