I'm happy a soccer game is on

Tottenham vs Rochdale are coming on in a couple of minutes. I’ve never heard of Rochdale before. Playing teams out of your league seems really weird to me. I’m going to eat some blueberries, drink green tea, and have some nicotine lozenges. I’m a lucky person.

5 Likes

I love to watch soccer and listen to the reporter’s voice - makes me feel good inside. And I used to play Premier Manager 98 back in the days - which introduced all the English football teams to me. Football is the most popular sport on this planet. Me likes.

2 Likes

It seems to be the perfect sport. It’s not too long, not very many commercials with lots of action. I really appreciate a good striker, but I really don’t understand much about the other positions. Midfielders seem to make everything work and I really don’t understand exactly what they do. If I had played soccer growing up though I would probably have been a defender. It’s great stuff. I played Fifa on Xbox a bunch about a decade ago.

1 Like

They all (teams) have their own tactics and sometimes a defender can be a lot more than just a defender. Middle-players usually try to keep the pressure on and keep the ball moving to the ´key-players. I’m by no means a total expert though. But yeah, this game is incredibly exciting.

1 Like

That’s some good analysis @deepndark

1 Like

This game looks pretty one sided already. Tottenham just scored 6 minutes into the game pretty easily. And somehow the goal was just disallowed. It’s a game again.

i’m watching the game too. I’m not sure what the FA Cup is, but it looks like a tournament between English teams from all divisions

1 Like

I’m confused how it is determined of who plays who.

idk either 1212

1 Like

It seems to be snowing and everyone is wearing short sleeves.

Oh just noticed a lot of people with sleeves. Whoops.

I’m in class right now (break since it’s a 3 hour class). Would much rather be watching a soccer game!

1 Like

3 hour class, wow. I hope to only take classes around an hour when I go back. Soccer is great.

@TheBest I want to give you advice,
and I publish it openly and not in a personal message because I want this information
to be accessible to as many people as possible.

OK.
Try to improve your physical fitness.
Exercise intensely with varied methods( for example, not just rowing, but also swimming, running etc).
The more varied your exercise regime is, the better.
Intense exercise is better than mild exercise.
You should do aerobic exercise every day, possibly even more than once a day.
Exercise mostly at the gym.
You should do strength training once every 2-3 days.
That’s it for physical fitness.

Now, take very cold showers once a day IF AND ONLY IF your baseline fitness is good and you feel
that your body will be able to handle it.

Optimal nutrition: Buy yourself a “squeezer”, a machine that has vegetables and fruits as input
and juice as output. Make yourself a shake of vegetables . Drink it every day.
As a source of protein, legumes and mushrooms are preferred.
If you want to get it from animal sources let it be fish.
Also consume rye or spelt bread and whole rice.

Mantras: prepare a set of positive mantras for example:
I have excellent endurance, I have strong muscles,I have an excellent immune system, I have a job( if you want it) , I have a GF(if you want it).
Repeat them out loud several times a day, the more the better.

1 Like

Alright thanks @Chess24 You seem to be very wise.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.