I'm going downhill 🌩

Most of my day is spent in distress.

There’s nothing I can do other than switching meds which is a HUGE risk as abilify has kept me out of hospital for 6 years. I’m on 15mg.

I can’t even increase the dose as the anxiety becomes intolerable. I’ve been on 20mg before.

Maybe I can increase the dose of some of the supplements I’m taking which keep my anxiety under control. That’s all I can do.

In fact that’s what I’ll do.

1 Like

Are your thoughts racing as well?

I want to suggest something cheap and effective but there is like very little data on it. @Ale and me are using it, and he says his negatives are over. I’m having a fairly good time on it as well. I’ll probably wait before making a post. Need more info.

3 Likes

what’s causing the anxiety/ distress?

Not really racing. I just feel in distress most of the day.

1 Like

I think it’s abilify to be honest. :confused: Either that or the disease is progressing.

I’m sorry you have so much anxiety. I do too. I try to keep my life as low stress as possible. Is there anything you can eliminate or add to your day to decrease anxiety? What are your triggers? What do you do to self sooth?

Sorry to hear, @everhopeful. Does music help with the distress? It helps me some. But I know sometimes, even our favorite music won’t help. I hope you find some peace soon.

1 Like

Is adding an anxiety med with the increased dose an option?

1 Like

you’ve been on it a good while, sounds like you know what to do. the only supplements i take are melatonin and aspirin 81 for sleep.

1 Like

It’s not really anxiety. It’s like agitation/distress. “Just” anxiety would be welcome at this point as I can handle that.

I drink coffee. Maybe I can see if cutting that down helps.

1 Like

No unfortunately. Good idea though.

1 Like

I was on Clonazepam previously and worked very hard to come off it. So I’d rather not go back on it. I dream about going back on it though :joy:

My psychiatrist mentioned another anti anxiety med but when I looked at the potential side effects I decided against it.

1 Like

I need Cogentin to manage my feelings of agitation and distress. Loxapine makes me feel that way, but 3mg of Cogentin stops it for me

2 Likes

I’m sorry you’re having these feelings. With all the stress of current events it’s no wonder you would need a meds adjustment right now. Please try to take care of yourself and I hope you get it sorted out soon.

2 Likes

Thanks leaf…

2 Likes

It is. I changed my meds so much that my psychiatrists now tell me meds will stop working if you keep changing them. They said I will end up with severe positives on top of my severe negatives. It sucks, we’re stuck pretty good and probably permanently.

1 Like

Too much coffee over 3 cups a day makes me agitated.

1 Like

I’m sorry @everhopeful yeah maybe you can talk it over with your psychiatrist.

Good luck to you.

2 Likes

Users here and from what I read online CBD is good for anxiety. If you’re not into anxiety meds.

1 Like