I'm getting really fed up sitting in my flat

MrHibblyHobbly oh the endless combinations :smile:

1 Like

I would like to change my tagline though

1 Like

try to enjoy the little things and find joy in those little things… i feel like a waste sometimes too but i just try to enjoy my life as much as i can. I’m not contributing much but that is ok, i accepted that.

Life is mostly about surviving anyways huh…

2 Likes

Well, if no one’s bothering you, you’ve got it great. I’ve had a horrible year, just from people harassing me. I don’t know, it’s hard to think of things, so you’re not bored.

3 Likes

I mostly get harassed online, i prefer being out and about bc it helps my wellbeing, i usually go to my clubhouse but its been difficult bc of lockdown. i cant even volunteer right now, and i am lonely on my own.

1 Like

I got used to staying home, only getting out for Dr apt and during lockdown it was just on the phone. I don’t have a psychiatrist anymore. I wish I was more active at home like exercising on my bike, lifting weights, playing video games alone (I can just play for 30min with friends daily). At least my remaining friend from when I used to get out calls me video call everyday after his work. On weekends he calls twice.

1 Like

I barely clean my room too, I just clean when I see dirt lol I wish I could help my parents more like doing my laudry, etc They do my laundry. Rarely I cook but my parents cook for me most of the time. I wish I had the energy to cook more. I would have worked from home if my severe negative symptoms were better.

Sometimes I force myself to walk back and forth in the house while listening to music. It annoys my parents though as I look crazy. They told me, Are you trying to find a cure for cancer by thinking that much? Lol

1 Like

its cool you get on with your folks so much, my dad helped me so much when i was unwell, when i was diagnosed he went straight to the library to find out about my illness and he was great if i couldnt sleep and woke him up (i hated doing that) he didnt entertian my insecurities) but it was ok bc i didnt want to upset my dad anyway so i had to sort off try andc alm down myself, he did take me to the hospital when i needed it though, he was great.

1 Like

Do the lockdown circumstances in your part of the world let you go outside for walks? I walk a lot and it helps. Keeping busy with hobbies also helps.

2 Likes

Been trying but the weather has been dire recently and hobbies are getting a bit mundane, things are just a bit too mundane atm :frowning: the podcast is helping and my music, drinks and snacks mostly soda water, tea, crisps and chocolate,

I have my afternoon zooms but things still seem pointless, its why i believe in what i do bc i still havent been able to answer the simplist questions, (maybe not so simple) but all the answers are there i just need to try and decipher it,

Think of it as a challenge! Walking when it’s cold or the weather is really crap is a point of pride for me now.

You live in an amazing corner of the world. Have you thought of doing some photography?

3 Likes

the wind rain. and biting cold is too much for me, it was better last 6 weeks i managed to do a number of big walks, i wanted to go out but the weather, low mood, low energy drags me down a bit. i was hoping to walk up the hill i went last week, really great views.

I took some pics recently idk if you saw them, maybe if i found more things i like to look at i’d take more pics and get a better camera :slight_smile: i was getting into my photography last summer and i was enjoying it.

Biting cold? @shutterbug lives in Canada. He goes out and takes snowy pics. I am in NY and still can’t compare with his weather.

4 Likes

I’m going to work at home sometime later on. Med records. Or just go back to college. I wish you well. It will get better.:blush: I’m not well

1 Like

I like it with a bit of snow and frost but this is like sleet and snow, rain and wind and i am not feeling that great tbh, hopefully i get out as soon as possible, i would like to visit Canada some day though.

1 Like

It’s tough for the first week or so of it and then you adjust and it doesn’t bother you. So long as you’re wearing the right clothing you’ll power on through the weather. Honest!

You’ll find the views are even better in the bad weather. Most people go out for a pic when the weather is good. The best pics happen when it isn’t. It’s a worthwhile challenge.

3 Likes

Going out in pouring rain for walks has become my new thing :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: no people around :blush::blush:

4 Likes

No kidding. at -2C there are people walking dogs everywhere. -25C, not so much! Got the Strath Paths to myself. It’s niiiiiiiice.

:heart:

Edit: Looks like the January cold snap is arriving late this year:

https://www.theweathernetwork.com/ca/news/article/dangerous-cold-set-to-flood-the-prairies-as-the-polar-vortex-sinks

1 Like

I literally have no drive to do anything atm…I mean I go for walks though but apart from that …I paint if I am in the mood.

At least I am on top of my eating habits so I am making some progress.

I know how you feel, when lockdown is over things will get better

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.