I'm finally at the top of the list for an apartment

I have an appointment with the assistant manager Monday morning to do paperwork for the next available apartment. I’m so excited. It could be really soon that I finally get to unpack. All my stuff has been in boxes so long I don’t even remember what I own. It will be good to have my stuff. It will be great to have my own bathroom, omg. It will be great to have my own refrigerator and kitchen. I can’t wait.

22 Likes

Great! It’ll be so nice for you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh yes I know how it goes getting into a place and finally obtain freedom to do as you please without a roommate to rely on for rent and whatnot …
I’ve had my own place for 3 years now and I love it :slightly_smiling_face:
Hope for the best

3 Likes

oh nice to hear @Leaf =)
i hope you will get nice apartment!

1 Like

Fingers crossed for you on the apartment. Soooo important to have a good living space.

:smile_cat:

2 Likes

No better sense of freedom then having a place to call your own. I look forward to having my own place again. I’m living with my grandmother and saving money. I have $12,000 saved.

2 Likes

Holy wow! Good for you, that’s a great deal of money.

So nice!
Good luck @Leaf!

1 Like

My mom has lung cancer and my grandmother has Alzheimer’s. They’re all I have and soon I’m going to be all alone in this world with schizophrenia. I’m scared to death so I’m saving every penny I can.

My aunt said “I’m going to laugh when you’re homeless”. I took it to heart and started saving. My goal is $20,0000 so I can buy into a townhouse.

Most of the section 8 around here sucks. It’s filled with bedbugs and cockroaches. Housing options are very limited.

I thought about buying a mobile home but the trailer parks tend to jerk people around with rent. They’ll raise you’re rent $50 a year until you can’t afford it and size the trailer. State legislature is trying to pass a law to stop them from doing the practice.

1 Like

Good for you! Where have you been in the meantime?

1 Like

Very cool. Hope it works out sooner for you.

1 Like

Sounds great. I hope you love it there.

1 Like

That’s nice. I should be getting my flat soon too. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ayyyyy leaf long time! I’m glad to see your excited about your new apartment and honestly it’s got me motivated to get a place of my own as well. I hope it all goes as planned

1 Like

Guod for you! That is great

1 Like

Great… The best therapy is your own apartment, it gives stability.

1 Like

I’ve been staying with my ex and my son.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.