I'm feeling pretty lonely

I’m feeling pretty lonely and I would like to make some friends but it’s hard for me to make friends. How is it for you? Do you have trouble making friends?

5 Likes

Yes it is. I’ve always been a little socially awkward, and since developing schizophrenia it’s only made it worse. I’m lucky to have a couple of friends who have stuck it out with me, but making new friends seems quite a chore

2 Likes

I do have trouble making new friends… but not in the sense that I can’t socialize…

I honestly feel like since having a child, a good amount of women don’t want to be my friend… specifically women who don’t have children… (I use the bumble app to try and meet new friends and lots of women on their seem to be single or don’t have children)

I had better luck before I had a baby.

Sorry you’re feeling lonely…. Not sure what advice to give. Depending where you live, maybe try the bumble app? But also idk if you’re a man or women, I imagine women would have better luck finding friends on bumble… but that’s my assumption :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Yes I can’t seem to make friends.

I’m lonely too.

Most people supress me so I avoid them.
I rather be alone than treated bad and uncomfortable.

1 Like

I thought bumble was a dating site only.

1 Like

Nope :slightly_smiling_face: there’s a looking for friends option too

2 Likes

The last IRL friend I had remaining left in 2016.

2 Likes

I don’t have any friends that I talk to anymore. Not really sure if I want any? Family is who I hang out with now.

1 Like

I do. But I seem to be able to make friends easier if they are also mentally ill. As of now, all my friends are mentally ill

2 Likes

As of this holiday season I have 4 friends. All but one have mental health struggles. So we don’t see each other a ton but one I game online with frequently. The one not dealing with mental health struggles is in a controlling borderline abusive relationship that he moved states for. I see him up to twice a month. We don’t text much. And then a friend from group who I actually met back in the hospital. I see him five days a week if groups aren’t closed. But most nights you can find me alone with my dog. My friend know I struggle a bit still and are okay with not seeing me constantly. I try to stay social and connected cause otherwise I spiral out. Like sure to weather and holiday I don’t have groups for a week and no case management until next week. Sucks. Holidays stress me out.

1 Like

I struggle with loneliness too. It is hard for me to make friends too because of the sz and anxiety and adhd I think.

1 Like

I don’t make friends in my everyday life. A client of mine told me I seem shy. So, I make friends in social groups. It’s easier. I’ve made friends on meetup.com and now a Facebook social group. People in social groups are already open to you. It’s easier for me.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.