I'm doing fine and it feels weird

I feel like it’s always something. I’ve had voices for so many years it’s strange being without them. I don’t need a med adjustment. I don’t need more services. I don’t really need anything to change at all. I’m doing pretty well, even with a few blips here and there of passing paranoia.

It’s so strange. I almost don’t know what to do with myself.

Of course there’s still plenty of room to improve, but I can actually focus on improving as a person instead of struggling to get rid of positive symptoms.

Does anyone else feel like this? Like it’s weird to be okay? For things to be going well? I don’t really know how to explain it.

13 Likes

I still have trouble accepting my own stability. I keep waiting for every stressful situation to make me snap, but it hasn’t happened yet.

4 Likes

What anti psychotic are you on @ninjastar

1 Like

I’m doing fine now, too, and that makes me anxious, so maybe I’m actually not doing all that well idk.

Best of luck maintaining your stability!

1 Like

I take Geodon every day and gabapentin PRN.

2 Likes

I wish you a long stability :hugs:

3 Likes

I’m suffering from such bad restless legs

Yay, for you! I kind of feel the same. Totally know what you mean.

1 Like

Wallafish maybe you need a med adjustment like a new ap or a med to help with the restless legs. I’ve been there and I know how bad it sucks!

1 Like

Have you tried magnesium yet?

1 Like

Nope but my pdoc told me about it I’m keen to try it but I upped my zyprexa to 20 mg today and my legs are doing their own thing. They moving all over the place.
It feel like it’s burning my muscles and I need to move my arm badly

Try the magnesium. It works like magic.

1 Like

Yeah, can relate. But I don’t want to rain on your parade but I don’t think schizophrenia can disappear. Except maybe this has been happening to you slowly and it’s ended up after hard work or luck that you have gradually recovered nicely. I can understand that scenario; that I can believe. But I get a little cynical when people claim either they have fully recovered and they don’t feel any symptoms. And I apply this to myself too. Even after suffering 38 years with this stuff, when I’m feeling in a good mood and everything slows down and my mind quiets, I get the thought flashing across my mind, “Hey, my symptoms have disappeared.” But I know I that I am fooling myself. I’m not saying you’re fooling yourself, I am talking about me. But enjoy your good times, anyone who has suffered from schizophrenia for more than 5 minutes in their lifetime deserves every break they can get! Good luck!

1 Like

I totally agree. I don’t think it can disappear. That’s not at all what I’m saying. Just that I’m finally stable and on sufficient meds for the first time ever and it feels weird to be stable like this.

4 Likes

I also am in a place of stability. If my voices are absent for a long time I feel weird too. And when I’m well I feel sometimes like I don’t need the meds, or worse - I feel like a fake. But I learnt my lesson and stay on my meds. And when I get glitches when my voice resurfaces then I know I made the right choice.

1 Like

I can relate.
I feel fine most of the time now, and it feels weird. I keep feeling like it’s the silence before the storm, and that all of a sudden, psychosis will come crashing down on me, but it’s just not happening.

I almost feel like I don’t deserve it, or that I have to prove that I can handle feeling relatively normal.

2 Likes

Ride out the good times because for most of us those symptoms will bring back those hard times!

Yeah. I do better than most but still get breakthroughs. I try to stay busy and have projects on the go to achieve just that. These days it’s about getting fit. Tomorrow it may be different. Important to stay busy though!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.