I'm dissapointed in myself

I went to the bar, in a bad mood, took a few sips then decided its not worth it. I’ve been sober since November and I dont want to ruin it.

I’m very dissapointed that I ended up at the bar. It’s still my place to go when crap hits the fan, I thought I was passed it.

Damn.

3 Likes

Try, try again.
No point in beating yourself up.
Tomorrow is a new day.

3 Likes

That’s ok. You learned something. You only took a few sips and walked away and to me that’s a success. You know a few months after I quit meth, me and a friend of mine went in halves on a bag and we did up some lines in the trunk of my car in the parking lot of a grocery store. I started to do the line and the minute the taste hit the back of my throat I stopped. I didn’t finish the line and I gave the rest of the bag to my friend. I still count that original date as my quit date. And since then I’ve fallen off the wagon a few minor slip ups, but still count that date. Each time I messed up I learned about a new place where my armor was vulnerable and made adjustments so I was safer from relapse. It’s ok to make mistakes, just keep going. Don’t do it again.

7 Likes

It’s ok @Squanchy, try again.

3 Likes

Thanks leaf. You’re an inspiration! I cant imagine how hard it was to quit. Should I still count November as my quit date?

I thought and was hoping I could get to the point where one maybe two beers would be okay, but as soon as it touched my lips I realized I liked it too much to ever only have one or two.

4 Likes

Thanks nfy! 1515

1 Like

And try I shall! Thanks Wave.

2 Likes

I’m a former heavy drinker, like a case to two a night of beer.
Now I can barely get down a couple.
I guess getting older helped, but I just don’t like getting trashed anymore.

1 Like

I would still count November if I was you. You walked away, you did it.

2 Likes

Thanks! I think I will still count November then.

2 Likes

I’m a heavy problem drinker. My dad thinks I’m being too over dramatic in calling myself a problem drinker but he also remembers cleaning puke off of me at 3 in the morning, or dragging me home from the bar three sheets to the wind, or having to drag me home from my cousins wedding because I almost knocked the bar over due to being trashed.

Alcohol was a way to cope, and while I’m getting better I still need to find better fall backs than the bar when things get really tough as they were tonight.

1 Like

I never go to bars anymore.
I spent 15 days in jail for a dui.
That was a good enough lesson for me.

Next time you think of going to the bar, think how miserable you will be before, during and after.
The consequences are much worse when you have a mi and drink.
I don’t know if that helps, but it helps me.

1 Like

Thanks, it does help. It helps a lot.

Seems like a success to me! No need for disappointment!

1 Like

But you stopped after a few sips! That’s really hard to do! You should actually be proud of yourself!

1 Like

Yeah I guess I should look at it that way. Thanks, Arlbar and @CoCo.

2 Likes

I’m in favor of you calling November your quit date. You walked away from the situation.

Proud of you for not relapsing @Squanchy!! That took tremendous POWER, DETERMINATION, and WISDOM to stop!

What was going on that you went to the bar?

1 Like

I spent a night in jail for a dui and I didn’t even have any alcohol or drugs in my system according to the breathalyzer! That was enough to make me stop drinking. I was actually “drunk” on psych meds.

Psych meds and alcohol make you feel like total crap during and after. Healthy way to go is to stay on here and talk to us and look at others for inspiration and not those people in the bar scene. Those people will have their day where they quit too. MI and alcohol just makes you so much worse, when under the influence I can’t even do basic things like wash dishes or hold my concentration. I only have like a glass of wine too. We are better off without it. Good for you not getting tempted to stay and drink