I'm coming off invega sustenna

I battled on this med hey, its also known as xeplion.

I had the injection and went absolutely nutz.

Ended up in hospital from this med and no one believed me that the med had done that to me.

Irc it took about a month and i felt fine again.

I really thought i was going to die !!

5 Likes

Yeah thats what im deciding on, my psychologist told me after 5 years then i can stop my injections, its been 4 years but every year im on it i feel more n more socially anxious n i kinda feel my mind is slower but why im worried is that if its just the illness n not the drugs hahaha its confusing but i wanna try going off it for a few months to see how i will feel and if my delusions come back then mayb ill go back to it or look into other antipsychotics

4 Likes

Update please? …

1 Like

@arbie here it is

:::::::::UPDATE (3 months after last injection)::::::::::
This month I had some breakthroughs.
I bought a new shower gel. And I really wanted to go test it out (and by that I mean I wanted to take a shower). So I took one sooner than what my shower schedule was. My schedule was to shower once every third day. But something to do with not being on invega anymore made me want to keep showering more regularly since that day, and I’ve been keeping to the new schedule ever since (which is showering every other day)
I also joined a gym, and I find that I have the motivation to keep going every workout day. You can find me in the gym 4 to 5 days a week.
My akathisia is better, altough I still have it a little bit.
One day, after my japanese class was over, I felt a random outburst of positive emotion. Also, I’ve been having some “hell yeah” moments (which I’ve explained in one of my previous updates) throughout the past month

2 Likes

:::::::::UPDATE (4 months after last injection)::::::::::
So, around the middle of this last month, I’ve started enjoying my japanese classes. I’ve also started enjoying my psychotherapy appointments again.
However, I don’t enjoy listening to music again yet. So some part of anhedonia got better, while another remains.
I REALLY want to be able to enjoy music again. So that’s kinda frustrating. But I can’t complain, because of the progress I’ve been having regarding the other side effects I had. And also, there are still half-lifes that need to pass. I’m hoping that another 4 months can take care of that

3 Likes

Oh, i also wanna go on japanese classes.
Learning languages is fun.

On topic, sounds like it went well for you.
On good days i feel like qutting my zyprexa.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear that about the zyprexa. Are you planning on switching to another AP other than olanzapine? What makes you want to quit?

I tried coming off and had too many symptoms.

1 Like

Were they withdrawal symptoms?
I thought invega was being a good med to you, what made you consider coming off/switching? (Or was this a long time ago?)

It is good. I just hate the side effects. i have no sex drive which is driving my husband crazy, no motivation which is driving me crazy,and low emotions.

I was off two weeks and my psychosis started back. This was this past month.

1 Like

i was forced to take this poison and this ■■■■ ruined me. i dont know if i can back normal like before.i lost my appetite, 5 month without feel hungry symptom. i dont feel much plesure,motivation and sometimes i feel depressed. I have difficulty to reproduce semen.i dont know what happened with me.Before i use invega sustenna I was a very motivated person, I was very hungry, my libido was extremely high, I wanted to do a lot of sports, I was very happy and I was happy to do things.

3 Likes

I’m sorry you are going through this. Are you new to sz? Keep taking those meds for this is your best hope physically and emotionally; they bring about stability and a reality better than without meds. It’s time to deal with the illness now. Many people on this forum had great lives robbed of them by an illness and they are learning to cope. Hang out with us and make friends and get support. This is the first day of the rest of your life. Do something and fight those symptoms. There is hope for you. Meds are the first line of defense against psychosis. You’d rather be calm than there, right?

2 Likes

::::::::::UPDATE (5 months after last injection)::::::::::
So, this month I had about 3 positive changes. The main one that I felt is that I’m not in a constant state of boredom all the time anymore, so I’m pretty happy about that.
Another change was that my weight decreased, while eating the same calories everyday. Since my weight decreased, I was able to increase the amount of food that I’m eating. I only increased calories by 100, but I’m hoping that in time my metabolism accelerates again and I’ll be able to increase my calories again.
Also, I forgot to write it in the last update, but I had bloodwork done around the 21st of November. The results came back, and my prolactin levels are completely back to the normal range

5 Likes

i quit invega a while back i hate it lol

2 Likes

::::::::::UPDATE (6 months after last injection)::::::::::
Hey, another update. This one will be very brief, as nothing much has happened this past month.
Basically, after I wake up, stretching feels good again.

I have big hopes for the next two months

3 Likes

Im on Invega it works fine

1 Like

I was forced on Invega ER last Jan. 2019 because I had stopped my Zyprexa. I changed pdocs so I could go back on zyprexa because I have fewer side effects with it.
I had a lot of the same side effects you had with invega and it seemed like they were getting worse.
I haven’t taken invega for 4 months now and my arms are still weak and stiff, invega really made my life miserable.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear that, @196desperado. Let’s both wait a little longer

::::::::::UPDATE (7 months after last injection)::::::::::
I am able to laugh again. I can also cry. Sexual side effects are a bit better, but not completely (still having a bit of sexual anhedonia)
Oh, and also, I told my doctor that I still wasn’t enjoying listening to music, so he prescribed me a small dose of vraylar (cariprazine) in hopes that it might help with that. I’m going to start taking it tomorrow.

4 Likes

I experience most of the negative symptoms you had mentioned; decreased sex drive, anhedonia, hard to get drunk, can’t feel anger, sleeping 12 hours each night, feeling like I have nothing to do (boredom), no motivation to work out. Those are most of the problems I experience. I’ve been on invega for 8 years. originally I started out on sustenna then switched to trinza. I’m currently taking 546mg (156mg sustenna). I’ve tried lowering my dose several times but every time I tried something bad would happen, usually trouble controlling my anger due to my abusive family and hardships from my past. I spent time in a homeless shelter because I wasn’t getting along with my parents and also in a group home. Some big changes have happened in my life recently. I just got my own apartment and a EBT card. I have my own car but I never have the confidence to go out driving very often due to the invega. I used to drive all over the city and country before I was started on invega. I’m afraid if I try to lower my invega again the self interests of my family members particularly my older siblings and parents will conflict with my own interests to live the way I want to live. My parents have control over my SSDI and SSI. I’m waiting for the day I either become my own authorized rep payee or they pass away so I can become my own rep payee. Right now I just have to embrace the suck. I know that one day I will reach a more happy medium; it’s only a matter of time for me. I just hope I don’t waste away all my young years before it’s too late.

3 Likes