I'm an idiot. I get envious of people having stuff I don't even want

I visited my brother and his wife yesterday. It was great to get out of the house. But I came away really envious.

They’re married. (I never wanted to get married)
They have kids (I never wanted kids)
They have a huge house (I like small houses or flats/appartments)
Etc.
Etc.

It still has me a bit screwed up today. Funny huh?

4 Likes

The grass is always greener on the other side. I think you can see this. But at the same time, that grass still looks pretty dang green :wink:

3 Likes

Thanks. That actually helped me to put it into perspective! :sunny:

2 Likes

I’ve often been envious of people who are married, have kids and have houses.

1 Like

Hey, a great fighting weapon is to TRY to make someone jealous. So, you might not be an idiot. A sucker, maybe, but not an idiot. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I get the same way @everhopeful.

1 Like

I get envious of people with nice, clean, well-kept houses. Houses where someone could just drop by and you wouldn’t be embarrassed to invite them in.

My house is a mess and it’s covered in cat hair.

3 Likes

I always felt content with my little place and never envied others. I have always been grateful for what I got. I am grateful for the way I think. I like myself.

What I feel is ‘they do not know the value of what they got’. Health. My friends can have kids without thinking twice. Here I am debating my life and decisions, while they are having kids and planning ahead.

The picture-perfect life people have is usually not good. Everyone has different wars of sorts, secret desires, it looks like they have everything… A perfect house, kids, family but they don’t even know the worth of it most of the time. They envy others while they have everything.

3 Likes

I’ll piggyback off of this. I see people with brand spanking new this or that or whatever. but at the end of the day, everyone has to still deal with normal life situations and what not.

you probably don’t want other people’s problems.

2 Likes

I think you should try meeting some girls though. If you get a girlfriend who you connect with, you will be a whole lot more content.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.