I'm afraid of viiolence

That’s difficult for me to admit but it’s true. Even violence in a book or movie scares me away. Does anyone know an antidote?

1 Like

Desensitization.

Keep watching it and you’ll get used to it. I’m scared of video games after my psychosis, I can only play a few happy ones now.

2 Likes

Me too you should practise yourself and your mind to sustain that

What do you mean by “practice yourself”?

1 Like

Exposure therapy. Go out and kick some guys ass.

1 Like

I used to be deathly afraid of an altercation but I took ju Jitsu and it gave me some confidence. Can you take a self defense class in your city to give yourself some relief?

1 Like

Maybe pick up an old Red Sonja novel…

Seriously, I think it’s no deficiency to abhor violence. All thru school, I never got in a physical fight with anybody. I recall how morbidly curious people would flock to see a fight in the parking lot after school. I thought of how all-too-human that was. Meanwhile, I stuck my head in Conan books (which were incredibly violent). Maybe it’s about how real the fighting and hitting are. Yet again, verbal abuse, as they say, does just as much damage as physical.

I wouldn’t judge anyone who avoids violence.

1 Like

I avoid violence. That includes TV and movies, I don’t play video games.
But that’s just my thing, I don’t like to send messages to my psyche that might bite back later. :grimacing:

2 Likes

Me too hate horror movies

1 Like

I agree with the comments about exposure and desensitisation. Avoiding a thing only reaffirms to your brain that it is something to be afraid of.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.