I'm about to be totally screwed over

So all these years I’ve been getting next to nothing for child support when it would not have mattered if I did and I still would have been getting 0 share of cost Medi-Cal and all of a sudden I start getting all this child support, against the court order, which states I’m only supposed to be getting $100 towards arrears, and it’s going to put me over income for the program I’m in (A&D) and it will cause me to get a $1000 dollar share of cost. It’s actually going to cost me money to get this child support. I don’t understand how they can get away with collecting more that what the court order calls for. If they would stick with the court order I would be fine. But no. Now I’m totally screwed. It’s going to leave me about $250 to feed myself a month. I guess I better get used to rice and beans. Just when I thought I was going to be able to pay off all my debt really quick this bullcrap happens. Now it’s going to take me 3 years to payoff all my debt. fml. I wish there was a way to cancel the child support completely.

Oh my gosh! I’m so sorry @Leaf I’m not familiar with these technicalities but maybe there are some people here who can give advise. Hugs.

1 Like

Thank you @anon78876561 hugs

Sorry to hear that, @Leaf.

1 Like

Thank you @anon54386108

1 Like

Please talk to a lawyer about this. I’m sure someone can help you pro-bono.

3 Likes

Ok, I’ll try. Thank you @naturallycured

2 Likes

When you’re getting government aid, they can make the other parent pay so they can stop giving you benefits. At least, that’s how it is in Michigan

1 Like

Yes…I get it, it seems like the staff are bothered by their own situation instead…

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.