I'll never go for a physical job again but i'll improve my hamster wheel

let’s see 8 to 10 hours of breaking my back i think not… i used to have this fitness book that stated that a man doesn’t want to do more than 90 minutes of physical exercise a day when working out. because more than that and stress cortisol goes up and it becomes catabolic instead of anabolic. so basically, more exertion doesnt mean more muscle. also you burn many more calories and have to eat more to maintain your weight. so basically, more expensive.

no when i get a job, i am going to do 4 hours of something relatively easy physically, then come home and get my 90 minute workout in. i feel good after a workout, like i’ve accomplished something, but after a long day at general labor whatever the task is, working out would be the last thing i wanted to do, more like sit on the couch and go to sleep.

2 Likes

many people have said to me, “no i don’t workout, i work” which i just roll my eyes at.

1 Like

If I wasn’t sick, the perfect job for me would have been in finance or actuarial work (if I was smart enough but actually I’m not) or investment banking. I really have severe cognitive deficits and I wonder if drinking energy drinks every day for years gave me an unstable personality or personality issues which I read on the news and wikipedia.

I actually liked and enjoyed finance and it got pretty deep and heavy when I took finance 101 in college with all the math and everything. Probability, stats, and discounting future cash flows and stuff was new to me. I liked the sound of black schole’s equations and financial derivatives and quantitative finance, something I’ll never understand or do…

Math was too new and hard for me. It went fast and I dove in deep. A former community college professor once told me anything can be hard if you make it hard. Like philosophy can be much harder than mechanics if the teacher wants it to be.

For economics, I took an intermediate micro-econ course at college and it was challenging like an engineering class I guess. Like we did multi-variable calculus and stuff and lagrange multiplyers. I never took macro-econ except at community college over 10 years ago and learned nothing or remembered nothing, but I also took econ in high school lol and it kind of piqued my interest in the subject.

I liked the lifestyle and sound of investment banking and making money, but I would have much rather have done other things like corporate finance or even accounting…even though accounting was boring and I found deafly easy.

I’m sort of a geek and nerd and don’t like hard labor or working a sweat. I always liked siting at a desk, computer, in an air conditioned room, in nice clothes, and working my ass off with my mind. Then schizophrenia hit and it all fell apart.

It’s quite interesting how I got into bitcoin because it sounds like finance but a different way of looking or framing it. You know alternative finance or FinTech (I think). It probably was a natural evolution for me to look into bitcoin and other coins, although beyond my grasp and understanding.

Math and physics and computer programming (computer science) is where it’s truly at for me now. I just cannot do it. Like Stephen Hawking might have been obsessed with certain things but couldn’t physically do them, I feel the same way with my brain.

I’ll never be happy with anything else which sort of points to an autistic brain perhaps.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.