If you're living literally anywhere in the US, stay inside today!

Practically the whole damn country is under a heat wave, and will be for another few days. Folks, remember to stay on top of your hydration, don’t go outside if you don’t have to, and if you do, wear sunscreen and hydrate even more. Water is your friend. Just a friendly public service announcement. My psychiatrist is constantly reminding me of how these meds can mess with thermo-regulation. Be safe and drink water!

16 Likes

Good thread!! :+1:

We’re under a heat advisory here until Thursday night.

4 Likes

My first day working in the heat on meds was hard, when I went to bed I woke up shivering, my teeth were chattering I’ve never felt so cold. It was warm in the house. I drank some milk and just went back to bed, and in the morning I was still alive.

3 Likes

Oh man I didn’t realise this heat was still a problem in August in the US.

I mean I heard about California but not the rest of the US.

3 Likes

Oh yeah! It’s a sweltering hell hole out here in the Midwest.

Will someone please come save me?

sniffle

3 Likes

It’s very humid here but not particularly hot

1 Like

I’m a Midwesterner too. My AC is running 8 degrees behind, and I’m secluded in the coolest room with blackout curtains, fans (overhead and oscillating), and minus my shirt and socks. I lived in the Phoenix-metro area for many years, but this heat and humidity is worse than straight-up 115F heat. This is awful.

3 Likes

Damn! I’m so sorry. I count my blessings that my AC works great. I always make it a point to pay my electricity bill on time.

But I live in an apartment, so it’s probably easier to cool down than a whole house.

3 Likes

Wonderfully cool today because we sent it south.

You’re welcome!

:blush:

3 Likes

Y’all needed the break. Half your country is on frigging fire.

1 Like

Yeah the excessive heat starts tomorrow for us until Friday.
Going to stay indoors with the AC on.

But unfortunately I have to leave the house on Friday.

3 Likes

Wrong half – not Quebec.

(Sorry @Aziz!)

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Definitely very hot here. I don’t go outside anymore since I quit smoking and switched to vaping that I can do inside. Stay safe everyone and drink water

2 Likes

Yeah its hot and my electricity went out earlier

4 Likes

Across the pond we are having random downpours of rain.

It is quite nice as long as you have an umbrella with you.

But no heatwaves. Not atm

4 Likes

I hope you can get them shits fixed!!! :open_mouth:

2 Likes

I had to ride the bus 2 hours there and 2 hours back in this heat. The bus itself was fine but waiting in the heat was brutal. Honestly haven’t drank much water these past few days. I’m lucky something bad didn’t happen.

2 Likes

In my small Minnesota town it got close to 90°F today. Haven’t turned my air conditioner on all day. Just laid in bed and napped.

Gonna sip some water soon.

-S

1 Like

it was 91 degrees today, so hot felt like the AC wasnt working, now its in the high 70s and raining so i turned the ac off so it wont get water in it. it was a nightmare when that happened and it was even hotter the next day

2 Likes

We’re under heat advisory right now. Thanks for posting. Always drink water.

2 Likes