If your pet had a choice... Poll

If your pet had a choice to make between saving your life and eating their favorite food, which do you think they would choose to do first?

I’m wondering if I was hanging off a cliff and there was like a beef roast a a few feet away, would my dog be trying to help me or would she finish off the beef roast first and then maybe see what she could do. :smile:

• My pet would help me first!
  • My pet would probably get a full tummy first.
0 voters
3 Likes

My old cat would look at me in such a situation and appear friendly even though she loves me. Then she’d eat. Clean herself and have a nap. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Jimmy and me are like two peas in a pod.

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

My mom was blind and had a guide dog. It nearly killed her one time because someone had tossed fries out of the window of their car and Addy took my mom into a busy parking lot so she could eat the fries. I would not have believed such a useless animal could have been cleared for service work if I had not seen it firsthand.

2 Likes

3 Likes

looks a lot like her. Cute.

2 Likes

I had one dog that was an a hole growing up only ever wanted attention from you if you had food and would almost bite your hand off when you fed him

1 Like

Lol now these pets…

5 Likes

LOL

It’s the chonk-mobile on the right.

:joy:

2 Likes

My dog loves me but she loves food more. She would definitely eat before trying to save me.

1 Like

Before my pet could have a choice, any choice, I chose not to have a pet. It’s too much responsibility and I’m not emotionally available. I focus on job and rest, with the occasional hobby spree that doesn’t last too long. I respect all pet owners who properly take care of the animal(s). They shouldn’t expect to be rescued though, few dogs and even fewer cats know what to do in such an extreme situation.

1 Like

My pup isn’t really food motivated but he’d probably go after the ham regardless :smile:

3 Likes

5 Likes

She would definitely go for the food. Food is her motivator and controller.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.