If you wrote a letter to God, what would you write?

I have written letters to God. I don’t think I have any because I usually burn them or send them down a river. I buried one in the ground by a tree…they are basically prayer requests that I incorporate the physical elements of the writing, the paper or tree bark, and nature, making it somewhat ceremonial. I don’t do it that often.

1 Like

some people also burn elements of their past that might hold some meaning, like a symbol of their past that they want to forget maybe, could be clothes or pictures or even old keepsakes of an old relationship, like a teddy or cards or something,

i think it symbolises new beginnings and a letting go of the past.

2 Likes

Yeah, I had a gold pendant with the first letter of my name my ex-girlfriend offered me either on my birthday or our anniversary can’t recall.

Well, I kept it for ten years and ended up selling it for 10$ at the pawn shop cuz I was having marijuana withdrawals. I had the delusion it ended up in a museum. I regret selling it to this day, but hey, it’s just a material thingy, albeit with sentimental value!! :crying_cat_face:

Some native cultures do that when someone dies…they burn just about everything the person had except maybe a few items.

I would say amongst other things -
Please God, help me to be a better person and be obedient to You, make submission to You easy for me, have mercy on me and forgive me my sins, admit me, my husband and my family into Paradise,
amen.

3 Likes

I actually wrote one praying for the ability to differentiate friends from non friends before. Only one I ever wrote.

1 Like

the old pagans and even the romans would bury their dead with their belongings and also some food to take into the afterlife,

also in China their was an emperor that built a massive temple and filled it with terracota statues of his armies and weapons, horses and everything and he also surrounded his temple with these things as well and they recently discovered this to, it was to take with him into the afterlife.

“You gotta do something! Hurry up! Anything, just fix it! Sure, you made it in the first place which i would say everyone in existance disagrees with entirely but whatever just fix it, thats what is most important right now. Is now a good time for you?”

1 Like

I would ask God why so many horrible things happen. Why do people get third degree burns over eighty per cent of their bodies - and live? Why did the Nazies see how many times they could break and reset the leg of a Jewish child? There’s no redeeming aspect to such things - no good reason whatsoever. These kinds of things are more common than we like to admit. Too many things happen that are horrible beyond words.

I’d thank him for making women look so good naked and ask him to renew my twelve month subscription to met art, I’d thank him for his son Jesus who inspired me to study alt medicine and for all the many wonderful healing treasures that can be found on this beautiful place called earth

Huh? This is a joke, right? The Bible says if we pray according to His will he will answer…since what this prayer requests concerns lust which is a sin & worldliness I doubt it will be answered…

proverbs 7
Say unto wisdom, Thou art my sister; and call understanding thy kinswoman:
That they may keep thee from the strange woman, from the stranger which flattereth with her words.
Let not thine heart decline to her ways, go not astray in her paths.
For she hath cast down many wounded: yea, many strong men have been slain by her.
Her house is the way to hell, going down to the chambers of death.

1 John 2;16 - 17

everything that belongs to the world–the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life–is not from the Father, but is from the world. The world and its desires pass away, but whoever does the will of God lives forever.

However, this most certainly should be requested and answered for it is absolutely true…

I used to keep a journal just for that purpose, filled with letters to God.

I just talked about all sorts of stuff.

I’m an artist, since when did having an appreciation of the feminine form equate to lust, sounds to me like you and whoever wrote your beloved bible were probably gay or misoginistic

as for lust Paul Newman said his marriage to his wife was based on physical attraction, they had one of the strongest marriages in Hollywood, probably a nicer couple and more relevant than a stuffy old book written hundreds of years ago

maybe just say hello

where are you, that type of question

x

So how come the Satan thread got locked but this one stays open?

■■■■ God, Hail Satan!

1 Like
1 Like

-----------LOL Malvok-------

i’d say ‘God, wherefore art thou’

Dear God, why do i have to go through this s*** boring life of mine. Am i that bad that i deserve this for the rest of my life, i can’t promise i’ll be perfect if you make me better but my heart’s in the right place. You really do a good job of making me lose my mind what are you trying to do make me kill someone. I could go on i’m so sick and tired of the F****** medications.