If you think you need help, you don't need help

Continuing the discussion from Does it look like schizophrenia?:

@doodle Right?? Like, whatever happened to preventative medicine and early intervention?? It’s like they’re intentionally setting us up to fail.

1 Like

honestly… it’s so frusterating, it’s like they won’t help you while you have any executive function and can actually heal properly

2 Likes

Maybe they just don’t realise how bad things must be for a person to have to reach out? Like that quote you found “it blows my mind that some people don’t experience reality”

2 Likes

Yeah honestly - it was more like “it blows my mind how some people take reality for granted”

Honestly I think my Psychosis might have started with the simulation because of my introspection about reality

But people with Psychosis are just taking reality for granted, rip

1 Like

I made the mistake of saying “anxiety”… I saw his ears perk up and that was the end of the appointment

1 Like

What’s going on smokes…I’m back for now.
.I thought about things being a ward. You see a lot in those places

1 Like

Heyy @roxanna !! Glad you’re back! Did you get switched off of haldol? I’m sure you did see a lot :confused: I’m still super unstable. Government pdoc was no help & that was 2 months ago already so I’m gonna talk to my GP on Tuesday :slight_smile:

They put me on latuda. Why would they do that to you?

Don’t give up smokey smokes…I believe in you.

1 Like

Thanks roxanna. That means a lot :heart::two_hearts: I’m not ready to give up, but sometimes it’s hard. How is the Latuda treating you?

I know a lot of people who have had trouble getting help through public health by voluntary admission. They expect you to be in an ambulance or the back of a cop car. Everything else is anxiety or attention seeking.

2 Likes

i try to circumvent this problem by never outright telling my mental health ppl that im having a delusional thought or that i think i have x illness and instead just try to lead them to it. instead of saying “im having delusional thoughts that aliens are monitoring me” instead ill just be like “ive been feeling like aliens r monitoring me” and never admit that i know its a delusion. im always very scared of them thinking im making it up or somehow because i know its delusional that im not ill

2 Likes

If I was smart that’s what I would have done, ya :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s a blessing for now. Where are you living

1 Like

That’s good to hear. Hopefully it stays that way for a while :slight_smile:

I’m in British Columbia. They’ve been gutting mental health services and pocketing the difference for decades. I don’t think it’s paranoid or delusional to think it’s being done on purpose.

2 Likes
2 Likes

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.