If you know you aren't going to fall asleep

Do you go lie down anyway or do you just watch TV or Netflix until you get tired? I’ve tried both and neither work super well. I seem to function (or should I say not function) the same either way. My whole life seems pretty out of whack right now.

1 Like

I usually lie down anyway. I guess my (possibly flawed) theory is that lying down at least gives me some level of rest even if I don’t actually fall asleep.

2 Likes

As a former insomniac, I believe this theory to be correct. I mean, it’s not like I was bursting with energy when I got up, but it was much better than just being on my phone all night. I imagine that this is because in a dark room by yourself with no stimulation, you probably end up dozing off a few times throughout the night.

3 Likes

Get up and do some walking. Go back to bed.

You ever seen a cat or a dog when they can’t sleep?

They get up. Do a circle and try to bed down again.

Animals know stuff we don’t. And get off the internet…it makes you think!

3 Likes

I go to sleep when I’m dead tired. 95% of the time, that’s between 1130pm and 3am. I’ll get up around 6 either way, and as long as I get two hours, I’m good for the day. My rule is if I’m still awake after 30 minutes of trying to fall asleep, I’m just not ready. Will give it an hour or two and usually by then I’m ready. If I’m not utterly exhausted, I simply cannot fall asleep…naturally. I can take a benzo, but invariably I’m up at 2 or 3am, and am dead-ass tired by 10. Benzos just fsck with your sleep cycle.

1 Like

I just watch YouTube or Netflix, maybe try to game a little if it holds my attention. I have some really comfortable pillows that help me get to sleep quicker once I leave the living room with the TV and go to my bedroom. I prefer falling asleep in the living room with the TV on so I don’t have to deal with hallucinations while I’m trying to fall asleep, but the couch is nowhere near as comfortable as my mattress.

1 Like

Do you get enough sleep however?

1 Like

I usually surf the net or youtube. Listen to the radio.
Do light exercises. Having a shower. Read my diaries or go for a nightwalk.

1 Like

I usually lay down and deal with the voices and talk back to them, then I try not to move, listen to soothing music, close my eyes, and with all my might try to sleep. Once I’m sleeping it’s hit or miss if I’ll have nightmares. My nightmares are physical pain, last night a dog had my hand bitten and it was clenched between the jaw and I had someone in my dream help them open their mouth, then I was bleeding and had red marks all over my hand. With a dream like that, I just want to get up and then I forget the voices from the night before

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.