If you have been in hospital - how often did you speak to your doctor?

I saw him about once a week for about 20 minutes.

Every day. Sometimes I would ask to see him because I had questions, or ask for referal to the dentist or otaryngologist.

1 Like

There was one time I went to the ward and turned out my doc was on holiday. Went about 3 weeks without seeing a doc. Thought that was bad.

1 Like

That is bad… The nurses were good, though?

1 Like

Where I went specific docs had specific nurses. I hated mine - she was nasty.

1 Like

There was a nurse on the hospital I went to that had a blind eye, the guy was creepy but kind. That was another that worked for the military and saw me reading The Art of War and sat on my bedside just talking about combat techniques lol There was one rude female nurse and one rude orderly but the rest were all nice and kind. The army guy made a lot of sexual jokes.

1 Like

My last trip to the hospital I don’t think I saw a doctor the short time I was there. I was pretty addled, though. If I had seen him when I first came in I might not have remembered it.

1 Like

Once a week. But in the beginning every second week.

1 Like

I was in for just 9 or 10 days, only saw the doctor officially assigned to me once. But saw other doctors most of the days

1 Like

I can’t even remember. I think in public hospitals it was once a week and when I was in a nice hospital it was maybe twice a week? Maybe daily for 5-10 mins

1 Like

I think in the private hospital I met the pdoc once a week, maybe 2x. Same in public/community hospital.

Practically never…I kept asking though

Once a week for 20-30 min was about the norm with me. The pdoc was usually accompanied by a bunch of other people.

In USA several hospitals, its once a day, like a rule or something?

Maybe because these days they’re trying to kick you out ASAP.

Every day - to every 2nd day - public hospital

About once a week or so (in the state hospitals) but I think more often in the two private hospitals I was in.

In the hospital every day. When I first got sick it was once a week outpatient, now I go once every three months. I consider that quite an accomplishment.

Every other day for no more than 5-10 minutes.