If you had to choose: to be rich and unhappy or poor and happy

1 Like

Let’s look at the evidence. People want things like a house, car, and a routine of self interest driven consumption. People lie, cheat, and steal to get money. People often times choose a spouse based on their income level on dating sites. People take on huge loans in the present to make more money in the future. People spend money they don’t have on credit cards; partly, on things they can do without. Being rich in society gets you attention, praise, and honor. People need money to feed their interests which cost money. Every business depends on money for survival. Money is talked about on all forms of media on a daily basis. People become ruthless when they find out there will be cuts at their job or place of business leaving them with less money. When people lose their jobs they often lose friends or someone they’re dating. All the advice on dating sites point to being more materialistic. Religious organizations tell you not to value money but they always need money to survive. You be the judge. Are we unhappy all the way to the bank?

4 Likes

Wait until my in progress post on a decentralized political system based on Reciprocity :expressionless:

I was well off and very unhappy, now I’m poor and still unhappy. :blush:

A decentralized government is just a fancy way of saying they have programs at the federal level and those closer to the public at the state level. It’s nothing new. Checks and balances. I guess I’ll just have to read your dissertation. Dr. Googlesearch Today’s top stories.

Lol dude. That’s bitter

But what do you know anyway

I’ll take either rich or middle class and happy.
My brother is loaded but he’s miserable.

Yeah, I’m poor and unhappy a lot of the time. I’d rather be rich and unhappy and if I really had a choice, I’d pick rich and happy.

1 Like

I only know what I dr google search. I’m not bitter I like reading what you write. It reminds me how voracious a reader I was when I was younger. Stay up. Good things.

Then cut the insults or dont

But choose between ‘good things’

And ‘mr plagiator’

Nobody likes a cyber bully