• Stigma

0 voters

2 Likes

I chose the money for disability, i’m guilty and poor also

2 Likes

World wide:money for disability

My situation:the stigma

2 Likes

I chose the stigma but the money for disability would also be a good one too.

1 Like

i wanted to pick a few things but chose therapy bc i think we all could do with more therapy lol

1 Like

I find it kind of amazing that, even though we deal with being attacked by our own minds daily, we all think ignorance from other people is the hardest part of having this disease.

4 Likes

Definitely the stigma.

1 Like

I want to be a rich schizophrenic :heavy_dollar_sign:

3 Likes

meds omg

Imagine safe meds that treat every aspect of this illness. :thinking:

3 Likes

I chose meds :lion:

2 Likes

There is nothing I would like better than to take a single pill, and have all my symptoms immediately go away, with no side effects. This might sound like a pipe dream, but they’re saying this century will be “the century of the brain”, where they get all the circuitry in the brain mapped out. They’ll probably discover much more effective medications, too. Right now I am just grateful for the atypical antipsychotics.

1 Like

I put money for disability but meds for negatives symptoms would also be great!

2 Likes

I doubt that they’ll improve the meds much. When I first had the illness about 25 years ago they came out with the 2nd generation meds and never came out with a third generation. Attempts at a 3rd generation have so far failed and many companies are making injections of the 1st and 2nd generation meds. I guess they may be an improvement because if it’s injected in the right area they can have fewer side effects because the meds are not hitting other parts of the body but the fact that seems to be the main focus these days seems to indicate that many companies have retreated from making new meds. Some studies even indicate that some of the 1st gen. meds work as good as the 2nd gen. ones. So my main concern is the poverty many of us are living in. I must admit that knowing how politics work improving that is difficult too. I have noticed that since I stopped working SSI has improved in a number of ways and I hope that continues for those who work. Admittedly those of us who don’t work are essentially beggars in the eyes of society in spite of the fact we have a definite disability and that’s difficult to change. I guess that’s where the stigma comes in. I chose the money for disability but the money for non-drug treatment was a close second, the stigma a close 3rd and although it’s not too realistic looking sure i’d like better meds.

1 Like

Medications with no side effects and that work o e hundred percent wow imagine that

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.