If you beat schizophrenia for 7 years straight, how would it feel?

If you beat schizophrenia for 7 years straight, how would it feel?

1 Like

I have had schizophrenia for almost 7 years. It’s currently kicking my butt. I guess if I beat it, I would have been a millionaire by now.

2 Likes

mate…time heals …give it time…

1 Like

I beat it for fifteen years and I’m a hollow shell of a human being but yet I keep on peresevering

2 Likes

proud  

Happy!!! :slight_smile:
If the original dr is correct and I have schiz then I have been free of psychosis since April 2010. And I’ve only had the one.

2 Likes

I stopped having positive symptoms in like 2008 or 2009 and I’m still not having positive symptoms. Negative symptoms are not entirely gone, but people can’t tell I’m sza, so I must be doing something right (namely, get injections on time and smile in most situations)

It feels triumphant. Like, hey society, you said I’d be homeless, wandering the streets and talking to myself in public, but instead I earned a BA and an MA from a 4 year university and then I found actual work for a while. Not everybody has accomplished that, despite their being normal. It makes me say thank you to everyone who supported me and believed in my ability to achieve goals. The faith and loyalty of my family and a few friends has salvaged the horrible existence I was living and allowed me to thrive. I found hope! It feels like wonderful, but at the same time, I feel like I have to be vigilant.
Hope is like a skill you gotta build, that’s one thing I learned. Society takes our hope away from sz’s, we unfortunately have to rebuild it to believe that our lives will be better. I’m always watching inspirational youtube videos to keep me motivated and hopeful. Inspiration, hope, and making goals has helped me beat sza for the past decade or so.

There’s not a whole lot of public figures who got through college and entered the workforce post-sz, but I know they’re out there and they give me strength, too. You guys, too, give me strength. Just seeing how much some of us struggle but seek a better life, that’s an inspiration in itself!

Overwhelmingly grateful.

Probably overconfident…considering I get overconfident that I’m magically better even after something like 2 weeks without symptoms…this ends up leading to disaster when I stop self care or stop meds because I forget they do anything etc…

So I think it’s a bit dangerous to be ill and not experience any symptoms at all because you can forget you’re sick at all…

1 Like

I have had it for 8 years and it sucks, I have yet to beat it

I would feel guilty, I’m not a violent person. Everybody deserves respect.

4 Likes

wait, are you asking how the schizophrenia would feel? bro, that’s deep!

1 Like

I was with out medication for eight years and managing well.
I managed to study aged care etc
Then I got cancer.
Then few years after that I was psychotic and hospitalised and put on medication again.

Eight years prior to that I was on horrid meds .
Forbidden in most countries and so many.
Made me sicker.

In Australia they did better just giving the one.

I got sz for 14 years now. Three years after I got it I thought i was being cured. Went off meds the following year and I was well for 5 years. That reinforced my belief that i was cured, that I never even had sz at all. I lived a fairly normal life, even though it was very religious, I wanted to be a nun and everything and converted to Islam. But then in 2012 after I left my parents home and got married it came back and ever since then ive been on meds. Each time i try to decrease meds i get sick. so I accept it now. I only started to understand sz now after 14 years, that its a cyclical illness - it goes and comes back.

After 7 years all the cells in your body have been replaced with new ones. Too bad my mind can’t be replaced. It’s weird to think that our minds house gets completely rebuilt around it yet the mind stays mostly the same

I’d like to beat Sz, with a stick that is.
Then I’d be beat (tired) also.

Chinese proverbs:
What do you call a man who runs behind an auto?
Exhausted.
What do you call a man who runs in front of your auto?
Tired.

1 Like

Like being in a foreign country, not knowing the language.

1 Like

I felt like I was slipping into remission last night. My psychotics episodes seem to be getting weaker. Pray to God this is the end of it, or at least an attenuation.

1 Like