If you and your ex had a place together

And you broke it off with 9 months left on the lease. Would you help her out or try to take your name off? I’m having a moral dilemma. My family just told me they think I’m letting her take advantage of me and that I need tk look after myself. But I’d feel so guilty not helping pay rent until the lease is up. Shes unwilling to get a roommate.

I think it’s good to help out and I would but. If she isn’t willing to get a room mate it makes it complicated. Would you do the same? I’d let that guide me.

2 Likes

hmmm… yeah that’s a situation.

Don’t pay rent if she isn’t letting you stay… and if you stay expect some major bs to go down.

Ugly scenario man… I had that happen once and it wasn’t anything but anger for months on her end. Luckily she didn’t do anything to shady.

2 Likes

Did you both sign the lease? I would only pay if obligated to by law.

I mean if it was a bad breakup and now there’s nothing between you guys why would you pay a bunch of money for someone you have no future with?:world_map:You’re basically two strangers who hit it off for awhile and had some fun (I assume). Now you are going your own separate ways and you have no obligations to each other.

1 Like

I’d help her out if both of you are on good terms with each other.

1 Like

If she wants you to leave but still pay and is unwilling to get a roommate, then it really sounds to me like your family is right and she is taking advantage of you. I don’t know all the details, though. But this smells fishy.

2 Likes

9 months is a long time to be stuck with someone out of guilt. That’s a lot of fights that could happen, that’s a lot of other boyfriends that could come through. I would take my name off the lease and let her find a roommate even if she doesn’t want to.

2 Likes

The wife threw ME out the house when we separated. I soon took my cash out the account tho. I would never have anyone else on my tenancy, i dont care how long you been living with me - ive had women more interested in getting their foot in the door, than me, cos they have had insecure housing or been homeless. Call me a cynical miserable b!stard - but ive waited ten years for my council property, and theres no way im sharing it.

1 Like

Were both on the lease so I think I’m going to contact them and see how I can get off of it if possible

1 Like

Update: she said shes going to look for a roommate not long after I posted this. Kind of makes me wonder if shes been lurking. Lol all well

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.