If they don't think I'm ill why do they constantly remind me to take my meds?

I told my therapist about the forum too and she thought it was great that I was sharing with other people. She also reads my schizoaffective disorder blog. I really love her :smile:

4 Likes

Im sorry if Im crossing a line here @anon80629714 but youre symptoms free and youre able to work. Thats more than a lot of us hope to accomplish. Im grateful my symptoms are fading but still have some delusions and mixed episodes and a little paranoia. I think I owe the meds and my family support for that. What do you think about this?

1 Like

I have mood issues too mostly mixed episodes but Iā€™ve been doing great lately. In my opinion the only issue has been my mood since I started treatment and nothingā€™s been done about it.

1 Like

cause you ALLOW THEM TO Ish

Seriously, I was asked to take meds. Didnā€™t comply. Was put in a hospital for 4 days.

After release I was told everyday to take Meds. I simply MOVED OUT.

Now I am leaving the city in a week and living my own life. Seriously Ish if you want something u need to take control over it.

Oh and before someone else blasts me over not taking Meds,

Ever since the cheating wife has left me - I have managed to do 2 things:
a. Start a new love life with someone
b. Last week my Boss offered me a promotion at my work.

I have managed to do both a. and b. WITHOUT MEDS and WITH DELUSION. The greater impact on me was the Trauma of Hospitization which I am still not yet come out of. (Probably will never), Though sometimes my Mother tells me that she regrets the hospitalization when she knew I was strong within.

But you HAVE TO START to TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR LIFE.

1 Like

[quote=ā€œish, post:1, topic:33394, full:trueā€]
I mean that truly believe I donā€™t have sz but yet constantly put pressure on me to take meds.
[/quote]People who donā€™t have SZ tend to be simple folk when it comes to understanding mentalities & the duress of mental disorders. Weā€™re seasoned pros when it comes to brain-related traumas, they arenā€™t.

My family was highly supportve of me coming off of meds, it was the doctors and my social worker who were highly coercive in trying to keep me on themā€¦ so I had a balance of luck there.

Ish im on invega 3mg. I think its very similar to 7.5 mg of abilify. Both equals to about 1.5 mg of risperdal.