If there is a famous person past or present, if you could tell them something what would you say?

I was just thinking, while following the guidelines, if you have ever thought about saying something to a person who was famous what is it you would want to say? It can be past or present, actors, musicians, artists, athletes, even people who made an impact on the world past or present. Please refrain from anything that would be deemed disrespectful, critique is fine but nothing like those mean tweets they read in Jimmy Fallon that made someone cry.

Is there someone who was a role model, a person whose work you admired, someone you found inspirational, a performance that was memorable, or even smething that somehow was a disappointment.

I’ll give an example,

There is a World Champion in the sport of boxing named Gervonte Davis. I don’t know him personally but since I am a boxing fan besides his amazing talent in the sport I have seen many champions hold the limelight in their prime. The thing about Gervonte Davis is that he comes across as a young man with a good head on his shoulders during interviews. He is from Baltimore where the cri.e rates were considerably high over the course of the past 20 years or so. I mean it is clear to see he is confident in his ability as a fighter but his demeanor, I don’t mean to judge based on appearance and prefer not to make assumptions, but he seems like he knows there is a lot of youth out there who admire athletes. In boxing there is always some trash talking

I mean it is a one on one sport, if you ask one of the Bucaneers in NFL what they think about the outcome of any game they’ll probably say something like, “We’ve trained all season, we’re prepared, they have a good passing game but we have been working hard, we’re going to win!” Or something like that. In boxing there is a team, trainers, cornermen, what not but ultimately it’s more like, “I know I can beat that guy up and down the ring.” The opponent usually feels the same way. And of course the bravado, emotions run high, adrenaline is pumping through the veins.

Now what strikes me as honorable of Gervonte Davis is the feeling he seems to have as a champion, knowing some of the fans somewhere gather round and watch his display of technique and talent after months of disciplined and rigorous training. His performances show trmendous ability and I’m certain is well aware of it.

Certainly with passion and tensions of a fight and a life changing check a person can easily become enraged during the press conferences and say some ■■■■ that they honestly do feel about their opponents, getting to the point where it involves a personal affair and what not. With all that it seems like Gervonte Davis is not just about the money. I think he knows somewhere there’s a little dude growing up somewhere in a wheelchair, who hides in a bathtub when the sound of gunshots get too close, or where there is no food in the fridge sometimes who says, “I want to be like that guy!”

It just seems he prefers to inspire people to stay out of trouble, sobriety and good physical health by example. I mean the dude reminds me some good people out there where some have been born into gangs simply for being someone’s son or nephew generations past who was sort of born into that.

Maybe not many people have heard of him outside of boxing but if there something I could tell him I’d probably say,

“Man, the world is watching, one day even champions sit down to rest, there is always at least one boxing fan who will remember a champion even a hundred years from now. I know there are boxing movies like Triumph of the Spirit and a champ like you might even think, ‘I would whoop Salamo Arouch.’ The thing about boxing is that on a primal level, where by instinct somehow we relate to the natural world of the animal kingdom, the display of the will in the human spirit, valiant and perseverant is shown. That is true not only for fighters who against the odds have become world champions, still, one day people grow old. With the world watching, keep up that morality you portray.”

1 Like

So the last paragraph is the example. I know the first post is somewhat long winded, I wanted to remind people to follow forum guidelines and not resort to insults.

I thought this thread would be a good idea just to talk about something.

I did not read your whole post but I guess I could tell Abraham Lincoln that maybe a night out at the theater is not such a good idea after all. Maybe just spend the night at home.

3 Likes

It got me thinking what would have been different in the history of the U.S. if Lincoln hadn’t been assassinated. I mean had he not I wouldn’t know because that would be the way it was. I watched a show called Timeless about time travel heh just made me wonder.

Yeah, I noticed halfway through my first post about how long winded it was becoming. I tried getting to the point and failed miserably going on with more words and more words while communicating less information as it went on. I think I should probably try writing in a journal again. Honestly I’ve noticed my posts have been all over the place, sort of disjointed. I’ll start with one thing and drift into another. I think there is a term for it in psychiatry. Maybe word salad? Pretty much jumping from topic to topic midway through my initial thought. I worry I’m sorta slipping into a psychotic episode. Pretty much imagination overload type of episode. Believing things that aren’t real and all that.

2 Likes

Don’t go out of the Dakotas today, John.

1 Like

Don’t fight Larry Holmes. Go out on top, you already proved you’re the Greatest.

1 Like

read some of this, but it’s almost 5 a.m. and I’m still tired, need to put coffee on.

Allen Ginsberg, when you said in Howl, you saw the best of minds of your generation lose it,
does that mean there is no recovery from that, or wasn’t, or are they forever like that, or when you wrote it, dead? also what made you work to free Ezra Pound from jail? your faith?

2 Likes

Thank you to all the artists. You are inspiring.

4 Likes

I would tell Chris Benoit to get professional help

2 Likes

Don’t start smoking cigarettes, Bill Hicks.

2 Likes

who’s that, an actor?

1 Like

He is a pro wrestler who murdered his family. He killed his son and wife and then hanged himself. They cut open his brain after he died and found he had the brain of a 80 year old alzheimers patient

1 Like

ohhh, terrible.
I’m sure they’ll drug him up in prison,
unless he kills himself in there.

1 Like

He’s already dead

1 Like

okay, thanks for explaining.

1 Like

You ever hear of Doug Stanhope? He kind of reminds me of Bill’s sense of humor

2 Likes

Yes! I’ve listened to him before. He’s quite good !

2 Likes

I would tell Robin Williams that he was not alone and he made so many in a better place.

1 Like

I would say to the last emperor of China Puyi that the Qing Dynasty is going to fall after the 2 Opium Wars in 1840 & 1860. Hong Kong would be returned to the Chinese people after the 99 year lease with the British Empire is over. The Empire of the United States will be in competition with the successor of the Qing Dynasty.

All great empires rise & fall just as human history has recorded in the British Empire, Qing Dynasty and soon to be American Empire.

1 Like

I would go back to whenever john nash JR first got put on meds and say STAY ON YOUR MEDS

1 Like