If I saw a computer at street side outside a house, shall I collect it?

A desktop and a tower system unit, together with cathode ray tube monitor and keyboard. Seems like the house owner does not want it anymore, and put them at street side outside the house. Should I collect it? What if…

1 Like

Why don’t you ask your neighbor if it is ok to pick it up? We have a garbage house outside my apartment building. Ppl put stuff there and then neighbors come looking and picking up what they need. One man’s trash, another man’s treasure.

1 Like

He/she is not my neighbor, but a house located in the community.
The door and windows are closed tightly, I have no bravery to knock the door and ask.

Yes, it was on the ‘curb’. (learnt new word today).

I would say that you can collect it. If I’m throwing out something that I don’t want but that I think someone else may use then I put it beside our apartment dumpster instead of in it.

1 Like

I am more convinced now to take that set of computer, if it is still there tomorrow… Thanks BarbieBF, and your all inputs.

2 Likes

When I was growing up… we loved “Free trash pick-up” day.

Nothing too big or small… put it on the curb and it will be gone by dawn.

So the poor kids would all go to the rich areas and pick up a lot of stuff… I once got a very amazing trail bike… it’s only flaw was it had a flat tire. Those rich people throw everything away… one tiny flaw and out it goes.

I remember one sofa my cousin scored… It was a very expensive sofa… but it was last seasons colors. When he got it home… he couldn’t find a single thing wrong with it. He had it refinished a few years ago… still has it… very commfie.

1 Like

Thank you for sharing. Rich people give happily, poor people take graciously.
Among your several posts, this one I understand best. (with no new vocabulary or hidden message)

1 Like

Sorry about that… I do try to learn new words and use them… I do tend to be a bit sarcastic. I’ll try to cut that back a bit more.

No, it’s my problem, not yours. It is always okay to learn new words, and be a little humorous (see, I don’t even understand common word like ‘sarcastic’).
It’s alright with me.

Hi @Plumber I think it would be ok to get that computer, after all it was left on the curb - side of the road for pick up, anyone can pick it up. If you want the computer I think it would be fine to get it - good luck !

2 Likes

Thanks Wave, hopefully it hasn’t been picked up by anyone yet.
Will go and check it out tomorrow morning.

2 Likes