If i eat more than 1500 calories a day i gain weight

I heard that meat can improve cholesterol. Sure it raises it a little but then it stays there it doesnt go higher and higher.

Wave I just had a blood test and I was following a primal diet consisting of mostly proteins, animal fats for fuel and vegetables. I used to eat 3 pieces of Canadian fat bacon every day for fuel. This caused high triglycerides in my body. I am now switching back to a normal diet and exercising more to control my cholesterol.

I tried that, I just ended up craving more calories after a while. Ah well…

Determination is the key :wink:
Id eat more too but it will get me fat. So i watch what and how much i eat.

1 Like

I cannot eat too many carbs because i am diabetic, but eating a balanced diet is important, I agree with you @Imperius.

Yeah exercise is key, so I do a lot of walking or I would never lose

Carbs are not healthy anyway :wink:

1 Like

Well some veggies and fruit cant hurt, but overall yeah you are right :smile:

Then we are both right :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve heard that low carb diets are good for type 2 obese diabetics but not otherwise.

10 Foods to Eat to Help You Lose Weight says that

One recent report noted that although there was a greater weight loss initially, low-carb dieters tended to regain more weight by the end of three years when compared with low-fat dieters.

I gained weight on this blood pressure med. they gave me. I’ve cut back on what I eat, but it’s not like I am on a diet. Sometimes I cut loose with the calories. Since I started walking two hours a day I have even lost a little weight. It is harder to take off weight you’ve put on than it is just not to gain weight. In a while I am going to cut back more on what I eat and try to lose more weight.

1 Like

[quote="Mmister, you gotta squiral

we have

I tried a combo of the 5:2 diet and using the nutribullet for two meals a day. I was also exercising - walking everyday and gym 3-4 times a week. I lost 3kg in two weeks. I have kept it off so far and need to remove more kgs. I like rich food (which is limited to occassions in my diet) so need to incorporate the gym into my routine. Also enjoy the increased mobility and fitness the gym offers. I am not very good at the low calorie daily drudge. I like food more than my weight - which shows at the moment. I just know if I want to loose more weight, it can be done on the 5:2 diet with only two days a week of pain (with bonus of loosing weight) compared to slogging it out for 7. I was always a sprinter at school, not into these long distance hard slogs.