If I drink everyday, am I an alcoholic?

Good luck! :crossed_fingers: Glad you are addressing it.

1 Like

Glad to hear it Om. I think it’s a good idea.

2 Likes

5 vodkas is what I’ve had over the past 20 years. In total. I don’t like spirits. The odd beer or glass of wine, usually when celebrating something or someone. Yeah, I’m not an alcohol guy, but a distant uncle of mine is. Alcoholism ruined his footballer career, then kept women away from him, ruined his health too, made him socially avoidant, robbed him of self-confidence etc. Sad story.

1 Like

I wish you all success.

That’s info on alcohol withdrawal. Please see a doctor if you experience these symptoms in a bad way.

1 Like

Thank you.
:crazy_face:
666/999

I am an alcoholic.

They told me it is not what you drink or how much you drink or how often you drink, but what it does to you when you drink.

A heavy drinker and an alcoholic are two different creatures.

A problem drinker is not necessarily an alcoholic.

1 Like

So can one be heavy drinker without being alcoholic?

Good luck, @Om_Sadasiva. You’re a good dude with a bright mind. Hate to see it destroyed by going down the alcoholism path.

1 Like

Yeah that is kind of the definition of alcoholic. I know why you do it though, it is cause when you’re drunk you feel nice enough that the truman stuff doesn’t bother you. It’s the same reason i do it.

2 Likes

For some reason if i drink mixed drinks like vodka and soda or bourbon and coke i get extremely bad stomach pains and shite blood the next day. Im completely fine if i have a few beers or wines though. I think too much sugar screws with my stomach or something.

I think this thread has run it’s course. Om has made his decision and it can be closed now.

1 Like