If 10% of healthy people have hallucinations and delusions,

why did I get diagnosed with psychosis? It’s literally a mental problem

There’s differences with severity and length of symptoms I’d imagine. There’s a big difference to being depressed to that of clinical depression for example.

BECAUSE YOU WERE WANTING TO KILL PEOPLE WHILE PSYCHOTIC.

THAT’S NOT A PROBLEM NORMAL PEOPLE HAVE.

I wanted to kill only because I thought that they were gonna kill me

[ gives self ultimate facepalm ]

1 Like

I don’t get u, it’s a normal reaction to a delusion

conan

5 Likes

You also thought a demon was going to kill you. I remember you posting that a demon was after you and it was going to kill you. Thats not normal. Thats Psychosis.

@Crystal-Cotton these are questions for your treatment team. I think your question was answered quite well.

2 Likes

My treatment team can’t answer

Isn’t it obvious? You had an episode and were diagnosed with psychosis. Your explanations clearly point to that. Remember to not overthink these things and flood the boards with the same/similar questions.

1 Like

Yes , which is part of psychosis… it needs to be treated …

It’s probably a matter of degree which is considered “healthy” and what is psychosis. I don’t think any hallucinations are healthy.

@Crystal-Cotton,
Psychosis is an organic reaction to a brain problem. Many people, such as people with MS and Parkinson’s disease, have psychosis as a result. This is because they are NOT well. Their nervous system and their brain is so damaged due to demylineation and degeneration, that they eventually develop psychosis as a result. Sure, they might not be mentally ill, but their physical state has worsened so far enough to cause psychosis.

You were wanting to kill people, right? The reason why you thought that is because your brain wasn’t working well. Psychosis originates from the brain. Brain is an organ, and brains get sick too just like any other organ. Right now, your brain is not well and that’s why you are having symptoms.

“Healthy people” can be defined in various ways. I have muscular dystrophy and happens to be mentally ill. However, there are TONS of people with muscular dystrophy who have organic brain diseases, especially people with duchenne muscular dystrophy. “Healthy people” doesn’t mean “not mentally ill”. Health conditions sometimes affect mental state.

So, psychosis is not a mental problem. It’s an organic reaction from a suffering brain.

I hope this answers your question.

2 Likes

I wonder the same for myself too. But the doctors are there for a reason.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.