Idk where I should put this in category

Do you guys have a sense or like a feeling that you’ll need to be constantly with someone or monitored ? I feel that way cause I don’t do good when I’m alone. Not even a person, but another living thing like a dog. As much as I like being by myself I just can’t handle it? Idk how to explain it. Material things don’t distract me when I get bad, it’s people. People give me a sense of awareness

1 Like

Paranoia is a cruel master. It can be insidious and all consuming. It covers a lot of ground when it comes to symptoms!

As always chat to your treatment team. It’s no fun living in fear.

1 Like

Yes I can relate. Although I have my own room, it feels comforting to know that I am not alone in the house. Also, I want some company when going out even for a short walk. But it’s long face-to-face conversations that wear me out pretty darn quickly.

3 Likes

Andrey sup…do u take nap during day time…

1 Like

Long walks by myself are amazing … great for positive self reflection.

2 Likes

To answer your question perhaps being around people makes you feel “safe “?

1 Like

Maybe though I hate interacting with people for long intervals. As much as I hate it being around people grounds me. It’s like- yes they’re other people around you’re okay? Idk if that makes sense

1 Like

No I don’t nap. My 9-10 hour night sleep largely suffices.

1 Like

Isolation caused by a MI means we are alone with our anxieties for long periods of time, which is never a good thing. I agree, talking can be mentally exhausting if you have alogia. On the other hand, a few hours of social interaction makes us feel less aware of ourselves and more of aware others, which enriches our lives.

It is not for nothing that correctional facilities have used isolated confinement as a method of punishment for centuries.

1 Like