Idk what to do about this

So you say things, and then he says that you need a therapist?

And you think that some issues you have, has no point about being talked about because you don’t believe they can be helped?

1 Like

that is a technique that I have, if you feel attacked by intrusive thoughts and way too stressed,
repeat out loud I have peace of mind, repeat it several times and things will get better.

4 Likes

Yeah basically

1 Like

So do you feel this way about the doctor as well if you were to try to change his mind?

1 Like

I’m a little unsure of what you mean

I’ve told him that the in home services are too much and he’ll say it’s not too much…also I’ve said that I don’t think they’d help but he seems to think the services are helpful and that I’d benefit.

We’ve just been going back and forth about it like every session

So you’re just fudging around trying to come to an agreement.

1 Like

Yeah, and idk what to say to him about it anymore.

It also makes me worry that I’m not seeing that I’m doing badly or something which freaks me out.

Idk. I kind of feel like I shouldn’t do it until I’m more confident about it.

It sounds like you are being worn down by the arguing.

Do what exactly?

Yeah, I feel that way.

And I meant I shouldn’t do therapy until I’m more confident about it

1 Like

I feel the same way you do.

1 Like

do what you feel is right in your heart x

2 Likes

I agree. I think she knows what she’s doing.

1 Like

Definitely @Resilient1 :slightly_smiling_face:

@anon1571434 yeap I do! Thanks for all the reply’s

2 Likes

Mannn I feel you on this, I had a letter saying that I was on the waiting list for occupational therapy now and I have no idea what it’s gonna entail :frowning: slightly anxious! Good luck with yours!

2 Likes

Thanks, and they just put you on the list without telling you?? I’d be kinda anxious too about it

2 Likes

Yeah essentially! :frowning: it could be anything but I have a 4 month old so it’s gonna be difficult too!

2 Likes

Would they come to you? Like an in home kind of thing?

Yeah I have no idea of what it would be like exactly. I’d imagine things like that being difficult with a four month old!

Well, in that case, he may be right about his suggestions. Drinking might foul up your independence. Drinking and drugging got me kicked out of a few living situations. It’s a waste of time and a money drain. It’s not impossible to quit drugs and alcohol.

2 Likes

I’ve been in two vocational programs. They had informal classes on writing resume’s, honing interview skills, and many other aspects of getting and keeping jobs. I don’t know if the therapy you mention is one-on-one or groups but mine consisted of 10-15 other people and though I was not overly fond of attending, they both eventually got me jobs so I guess they were successful.

2 Likes

I find waiting for the perfect moment in life to do things is often fruitless.

2 Likes