Identity in sz and co-morbid disorders

Oh great! Thanks Plumber, will definitely read it right away :slight_smile:

1 Like

You’re welcome. I will share with you once again after finished reading it.

A disturbed sense of self and “extreme perplexity about one’s own identity” remain as symptoms of schizophrenia in DSM-III-R.

The levels or layers of person are divided typically into at least two facets. There is a private subject and a public person, a self known to self and the person known and identified by others.

Is good prognosis associated with a separation from self, a preserving of person who has but is not an illness?

I will post more…

1 Like

…We suspect that the disease alters and even overtakes the self. On the other, we envision schizophrenia as a disease and biological entity, presumably separable from self, situated in the body.

What contributes to a person’s ability to separate himself or herself from this sickness, and does this facilitate or even constitute recovery?

I think by having a preserving of person, or a self known to self, who has schizophrenia, and a public person known and identified by others, who is the schizophrenia, is enough for me to keep my original identity. (The article pointed out that both of these facets are overlapping)

(It is an old article)

1 Like

I did review of Rebecca Chamaa’s book last year sometime on this site, and my blog,

but I’m not able to post links yet as a new user.

But anyway, she felt she went to a place with schizophrenia, if I recall, she called it June.
I never felt that way with mine,
but more, just who I am.