Schizophrenia.com

I'd you don't take your meds

I inevitably mess up when I go off my med’s for extended periods of time. I can skip a dose now and then with no trouble, but I’ve gotten in real trouble when I went completely off my med’s. I was lucky I did not get my ass seriously whipped. I did get slapped down pretty hard by the police one time when I hadn’t taken my med’s in a long time.

2 Likes

Long before my schizophrenia. I haven’t taken any meds, since I was fifteen.

As a child, I was initially given antidepressants, and later, antispychotics were added to my med cocktail. The ADs triggered mania, so it was supposed that I was Bipolar; I wasn’t. Until my delusions started, when I was twenty-seven, I felt much better off the medications. Off the meds, I had stopped cutting myself, feeling suicidal, and having manic episodes; I also recovered from an eating disorder, mostly. It is possible that a change in environment also helped.

1 Like

What do you get angry about?

Anything, everything.

2 Likes

Tell me about it. I always mess up when I don’t take them.

2 Likes

Why are you angry?

1 Like

I became always angry since I got sz. Meds fixed that, 6mg Risperdal but I have severe negative symptoms. I guess its better than always being angry and get in trouble with ppl and the police.

1 Like

I can’t miss my Haldol. If I miss my dose which I take at night, my old issues immediately resurface. It’s awful. Without it I’m super religious, Satan visits me, and bunnies and crows talk to me about the future.