Schizophrenia.com

I work part-time job. Is it good for mental health?

Hello! I am back. It is been three months since I last active on here.

Since June, I have been working part-time job as delivery rider. Basically each week I work three days. Do you think it is good for mental health? Thanks to the understanding of my employer, I like the special arrangement of this part-time job schedule. The salary is nearly halved but I am feeling alright about it.

9 Likes

It’s awesome that you’re working. I think it’s good to have some kind of productive routine, to break up the monotony of life.

3 Likes

It’s absolutely healthy to work. As long as it doesn’t make your symptoms intolerable, you should be working.

4 Likes

Haha buddy I’m a food delivery driver. I’ve been doing it since August 9th. I actually do 4 days a week. Got tired yesterday but yes if you can handle it it’s definitely good for your mental health!! And your wallet!!

On the tough days I say it’s good im challenging myself because I’ll thank myself later on.

1 Like

Thank you for your affirmation. Becoming a delivery rider is less mind-boggling than C++ programmer. Sadly, I can no longer work as computer programmer anymore.

2 Likes

Thank you for your encouragement, I miss you and many others.

2 Likes

Good! You are a driver while I am a rider. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
Which company are you working for? In my country, there is GrabFood, FoodPanda, and a few more.

1 Like

Oh I work for a local pizzeria. We only have one location. We have 5 guys who deliver pizzas at our restaurant.

I live in the USA btw. I’ve been on disability income too since 2014 and now I can work again because I’ve improved a lot. I’m not gonna come off disability soon but working 24 hours a week is good supplemental income. Although I can only do it for 9 months and then I have to limit my hours or I’ll lose the disability.

1 Like

Hah, I see. Is the disability revised annually? I have the same concern, I too benefited from social welfare but fortunately they have a different scheme for those who work with monthly income less than certain amount.

1 Like

Man!! I’m not trying to scam the disability people. I need my health insurance you see. My disability gives me health insurance. Without health insurance I can’t get meds for less than hundreds of dollars a month. And Without meds I don’t do well at all.

That’s the thing I think.

I mean I’m struggling a bit on fridays during my long shift. 24 hours is a lot!! But I wanted to be a good worker. Usually I keep to myself a lot other than one good friend I work with. I’m there to work. And I do a good job. But it’s stressful a bit and I can’t work 30 hours in order to get health insurance another way. Some companies give health insurance if you work 30 hours. I can only work 25 though I feel. So I need my disability lol.
Thanks!!

1 Like

I’ll second that. The majority of problems I do have from working come from doofus coworkers.

1 Like

Nice to see you again, Pixel.

Health insurance is more complicated than I thought.

I am sorry if I have used the wrong wording (e.g. “Hah”), I am perfectly OK with everyone seeking supplemental income and disability at the same time.

I am from less developed country, and I try my best to be respectful and will pay attention to reply in great detail.

Oh I work for a local pizzeria. We only have one location. We have 5 guys who deliver pizzas at our restaurant.

Whose turn next? :smiley:

1 Like

Whoever got there first. We only have 5 drivers working at the same time on…Friday night. Haha no offense taken. I just wanted to say a few things. Have a good day.

1 Like

Don’t know who that is? I’m Mr. Squirrel. I’m only happy when I have nuts in my mouth.

:blush:

1 Like

Mr. Squirrel is a nice and creative name.

Agree work is good for mewntal health I have 2 jobs one 3 days week in Health Shop the other is selling official music,gaming,tv and movie merchandise on Ebay Uk

1 Like

sorry meant mental health

Thank you for your kind reply.

Work from home?

@Norlane Ebay Uk yes from home

1 Like