I wonder if my sz will eventually cause me depression

My psychiatrist told me that I don’t have depression, at least not yet. I would say 90% of my time I am not depressed. Its short lived and not severe. I think its the sz causing this as I stay in bed 90% of my time. I wonder if, with time and after my parents die after about 10 years and I will be living alone, I will develop clinical depression. I think I have depression rarely so its not clinical.

2 Likes

I wonder the same thing. Why is it 10 years? The same time that I’m afraid something bad will happen to me? That’s scary.

1 Like

My father is 72-73y.o. I assume that he will die at 83y.o. as he doesn’t eat healthy, both my parents are overweight, have high blood pressure and high cholesterol.

That’s a scary coincidence.

I’m sorry to hear about your worries @Aziz
I am also terrified of the day my parents will pass… I will probably inevitably go into another break… unless my meds keep me from going into one. Who knows.

1 Like

I have PD and PD is really 90% depression and 10% psychosis. I spent 90% of my time feeling suicidal and depressed. It sucks.

In the meantime, just enjoy your time with your parents. Your parents are precious. My parents are in their 50s now so I’m going to enjoy my time with them.

1 Like

Can’t you be with your best friends? Or your brothers?

1 Like

I had post psychosis depression. It lasted about a year and it was the pits. Thankfully, I had a background in staying fit- I’d like to think I ran the depression out of me.

Be grateful you have siblings that can help out. My parents are around the same age as yours, I ponder how I’ll fair without them.

3 Likes

I almost died twice from suicide in the past. One intentional car accident at 200kmh and an overdose that caused liver failure. I ended up in emergency hospital both times. Police thought I was on drugs and made me do tests. The day of the overdose I was diagnosed with psychosis as I thought I was Jesus and tried to kill my self with the overdose to prove it that I am immortal.

I live with my parents and brothers. I never get out of the house except for psychiatrist apt. I talk to one friend but just online.

Delusions from PD is more like “I’m the worst person on this earth and I hate myself” kind of thing. It really disfigures your identity and your self-perception. You keep thinking everyone hates you. So you end up attempting suicide because you think you’re not worth it.

1 Like

you could develop situational depression.

2 Likes

I feel more and more depressed. Maybe I need to up my ad.

1 Like

yea if my parents died i would be really depressed too but i gues it’s best not to think of that as it’s not in the near future huh… i’d try to focus on your time you still can be with them.

2 Likes

I don’t know how you could stay in bed 90% of the time, and not be depressed. If you can afford it, I would try alternative medicine.

1 Like

I am not depressed just rarely feel bad about my future when my parents die.

2 Likes

I agree with @lekkerhondje . Don’t let yourself worry about your parents’ deaths. It’s not imminent so don’t focus on it. Think positive

2 Likes

Living alone sucks. At least in the winter time.

I guess there’s nobody to drive you crazy when you live alone tho. That is the plus.

I worry about my parents dying too. Their 75 & 80 yo.

1 Like

i think i had depression for a year, when i was first on meds, lost interest in everything but food and put on 40 pounds. my pdoc thought it was depression but i didn’t want an anti-depressant med, it went away. now i just get SAD, or seasonal affective depression during the winter when it’s dreary. i bought a special lamp, but haven’t had to use it this winter. when i am alone in the future i will probably be clinically depressed. i even get depressed when my parents go on vacations for a couple weeks, and i start to drink.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.