I wonder...how many chemicals that are in the brain

If the brain had testosterone, or estragene, and doplamene , and serotonin. That doesn’t seem like enough chemicals. I’m just wondering if you get sz, with affecting more chemicals.
I’m wondering what the chemicals in the brain do, exactly. I know serotonin, makes you happy. What does doplimene do?

There is too many. There’s neurotransmitters, hormones, neurosteroids, peptides (proteins), minerals like Na+ (Sodium) Cl- (Chloride) K+(Potassium) etc

1 Like

Neurons communicate using action potentials.
I learned all these in university.

1 Like

Dopamine is involved in attention and movement. That’s why people with parkinsins have imbalanced dopamine

2 Likes

It also plays a role in feeling pleasure.

2 Likes

I believe dopamine makes you feel good, and I think it makes you happy.

1 Like

The brain contains more than 100 known neurotransmitters and scientists are certain they will discover more soon.

2 Likes

Why would these ap medicines affect our dopamine levels. It doesn’t make sense.

I also think when you sleep, your serotonin levels increase. Imagine if your serotonin levels didn’t increase while you are asleep.

Just shows us how primitive we are right now in terms of medicine.

1 Like

Yes, I agree…151515

1 Like

Yes I agree, but we do have medicines that help though. Also we have way more technology, than we did 30 years ago.

1 Like

I think, the ap medicines don’t block your dopamine. I think they do the opposite. I think the ap medicines increase the levels of dopamine.

Some do block dopamine and some do regulate it.
Regulate means increasing dopamine where its low and decreasing it where its high. Rexulti, Abilify and Vraylar are dopamine regulators. The others are block the dopamine only.

1 Like

I wonder if Caplyta regulates dopamine? @Aziz

1 Like

No its only a blocker.

1 Like

Isn’t Caplyta a partial dopamine agonist like Abilify?

Why would they block dopamine?

"Mechanism of action

Lumateperone acts as an antagonist of 5-HT2A receptor and antagonizes several dopamine receptor subtypes (D1, D2, and D4)."

1 Like

High dopamine causes schizophrenia according to scientists. Drugs that boost dopamine like cocaine can also cause sz symptoms especially in high doses.