I woke up with bruises on my body

look out, leukemia!

Phil says I was beating myself up in sleep.

must be.

I felt like I got hit by a truck.

weird. every day, it’s something.

I don’t mean this in an insulting way, but were you drunk last night? I’m just wondering if you were blackout drunk and Phil beat you. You beating yourself up in your sleep seems much less likely.

no, nothing like that. I wondered if I’d get that response

since I posted he cuts me off, and verbally comes after me.

it’s a natural response, thanks though.

1 Like

You could also be low in iron. :cow::cow::cow:

I bruise easily, and it doesn’t even hurt me. I just bruise out of nowhere. I bruise from IVs as well. I’m not formally diagnosed yet, but I heard that it is a rare disease. Do you have anemia or iron defincency by any chance?

1 Like

Phil made me steak last night

don’t think so.

2 Likes

My dad gets a lot of bruises but he’s anemic.
Have it checked out through a blood test @Daze.

1 Like

the last time I was in ER they did blood work, but they don’t check anything,

just blood alcohol levels. Supposedly with us on meds, we need to get checked once a year.

1 Like

I literally do tons of blood tests a year. From my experience, they tested my hemoglobin levels to determine if I had anemia or not. They can also check if you have an autoimmune diseases like lupus, because lupus does cause systemic problems.
I definitely recommend seeing a doctor! I know how it feels to have bruises and it’s definitely concerning- I’m thinking of you @Daze.

1 Like

you mean they don’t blow you off for auto immune disorders?

They usually have departments for autoimmune disorders, such as rheumatology. So they’re pretty good at handling it if you go to the right department. :slight_smile:
I’ve been to rheumatology so many times for my joints and they just collectively checked for autoimmune disorders too (including lupus). Lupus is super hard to diagnose though.

1 Like

Drinking alcohol can make you more susceptible to bruising also.

1 Like

I woke with bruises too. the gal of mine bets me up all the time, not with her hands but with the work i have to do for her.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.