I wish I had positive symptoms

Instead of having anger and violence issues. Its the only reason I went from 3 to 6mg Risperdal. Why does sz make me violent?

1 Like

Anything that boosts dopamine like Ldopa also make me violent. Am I the only one and you guys are lucky?

When I’m psychotic I self harm. Like. A lot. Does being violent towards yourself count?

2 Likes

Off meds I become suicidal and violent toward others at the same time.

2 Likes

I dunno it’s kind of the grass is greener on the other side idea. When you get positives then you wish it was just negatives. When it’s just negatives you prefer positives.

4 Likes

I am talking about positive symptoms vs violence. Violence is worse.

1 Like

Oh yeah for sure.

1 Like

Being suicidal and alternatively angry and violent sounds more like mood problems than sz @Aziz . Especially if you never get sz positive symptoms. Maybe you should consult another pdoc for a different opinion?

3 Likes

Also its not only extreme negative symptoms, its also serious physical problems like unable to breath for a minute, I almost died yesterday because of my risperidone. I choke on food, water, my own saliva and even while sleeping.

Yeah I hope you can find a med regimen that is ok for your physical and mental health.

2 Likes

I read that sz can cause violent behavior and anger issues.

1 Like

Its the dopamine giving me anger issues, not sure why. Reducing meds or boosting dopamine with a chemical like Ldopa both make me irritable and have anger issues. My Dr and the police already know, my Dr agreed to increase my risperidone to 6mg after I told him about my anger issues.

I have rage issues – where I rage at people – and self harm issues, along with my positives, when I am off my APs.

1 Like

Maybe I need to be on Clozapine.

The problem is that it gets me in trouble with ppl and possibly with the police. I used to fight with my brothers and threaten them with a knife.

1 Like

I have threatened someone with a knife, and I have had the police called on me. I got very very lucky that nothing ever escalated to my being arrested or brought up on any charges.

1 Like

Are you still like that now? I am not anymore now on 6mg, I haven’t got in a any fight with my family or friends since being on 6mg, rarely me and my brothers just yell at each other but no more physical fights or knives or death threats. Off meds I threatened to kill someone on fb and next day federal police was at my house.

1 Like

No, I’m no longer like that and I’m no longer angry all of the time. I take Geodon (switched back again from Caplyta) and Navane (1st gen).

1 Like

I obsess about microchips in my armpit when unwell. I seriously hurt myself cutting them out in 2016 which resulting in air ambulance paramedics coming out. I needed stitches, nearly got kicked out my supported living placement which would off resulted in long term hospitalisation, thankfully my supported living manger fought for me to stay here. They won’t take me off my community treatment order now. Forced medication, etc.

1 Like

I start talking about microchips being in my armpit now I’m sectioned (recalled on my CTO) pretty much straight away for more meds. Haldol.

I do miss the manic highs I experienced. These don’t happen much now. I don’t take any mood stabilisers, don’t really get depressed or too hight, I have SZA diagnosis. I still do feel joy in life.

1 Like