I will stop seeing my therapist

I sent her an email about a delusion I had, she never replied. I feel she is not there for me as my psychiatrist who tells me to call him anytime.
Plus, I already know what she tells me. To be more social, to write down my small accomplishments etc. I feel it’s a waste of time and money. What do you think?

2 Likes

I stopped seeing mine. It was a waste of time and I am glad to be done with it. I was promised that it would change everything but it never did help me.

2 Likes

Was it cognitive therapy or simple counseling?
Mine is not cognitive

1 Like

Not sure on the difference between them.

We just talked about stuff and she tried to make me more compassionate and we worked on changing ways of thinking.

I don’t think she was that good to be honest. Perhaps a different therapist might have taken a different approach.

2 Likes

I was going to drop my therapist but I’ve since changed my mind.
It would be extremely difficult finding a competent psychologist on my insurance plan.

My current therapist is pleasant enough.

She is a pretty good listener.

1 Like

I just have one psychiatrist who takes care of my mental health issues. He recommended a free counseling service in the area, though.
I do feel sometimes he doesn’t really do much, but I feel that it’s important to have him as my doctor to prescribe me the right meds.

1 Like

When I stopped seeing my therapist I noticed that I’d have emotional breakdowns/something bad would happen/I felt like I had nobody to talk about my issues with.

I’m trying to find another one but maybe CBT isn’t as effective for treating SzA. She wanted me to write up my life story to understand what happened to me to plan our time out better but it never happened.

1 Like

My therapist, in the beginning, had big plans for me. “we should do that” you should do this" etc…

I would always say that it seems like a lot of work so I think he gave up, he probably realise I liked more to talk about what’s happening then to do stuff

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.