I will soon be too old for military!

i think a person can join the air force or navy until they are 37 years old. i turn 37 in 6 days, well i never wanted to be in the military when i was younger in my 20’s. i was pretty strong anti war, but as i’ve aged, i kinda wish i woulda joined the military in a non combat role for the life opportunities. anyhows now i can’t join the military because of my diagnosis and need for antipsychotic medication. what a strange journey it’s been!

3 Likes

Happy early birthday :birthday::gift: !

3 Likes

I was thinking about joining when I was getting let go. I didn’t know there are non combat roles. I don’t ever want to join the military though.

2 Likes

my brother and grandfather and 2 uncles are all former military. both my uncles were drafted, and my brother and grandfather enlisted voluntarily.

1 Like

How does the military find out you are mentally ill?

1 Like

In canada they get you to sign a document releasing information from the ministry of health. Dont know about usa

2 Likes

I tried joining a few different branches of the military in 2013 but couldn’t for different reasons. I’m glad I’m not in the military!

1 Like

I joined the U.S. Air Force Nurse Corp in 1986. I had no official history of mental illness back then. I’m very glad I enlisted.

5 Likes

TY for your service.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.