I went to see my father today

He is at one elderly care facility, it was good to see him, he will be 83 years in this year, I took photos and videos, I suppose I am a good son because my brother has not seen him in the past 16 years. yes, I am my father’s son, we have even the same color eyes.

4 Likes

I have a long history with my father, ups and downs, but we have managed … many good stories, 10 years ago he almost died but he survived and is still living, life is interesting …

1 Like

That’s nice that you are close to your aging father.
My Dad will be 83 in a week or so.

Do you have a photo of you and your father @mjseu?

1 Like

I have a good collection of photos and videos of my father, back in 2002 when I returned from the US to Finland I started taking videos and photos, for example back in the summer of 2002 when he made some self-made wine (aronia berries) he was a Wine Maestro, our own language, good memories …

1 Like

I have good videos of many other things too, my grandmother’s brother died 10 years ago, but I have videos of how they processed their sheeps in one farm, he just smiled and smoked tobacco, these are good videos and good memories that others may not have … this my grandmother’s borther was so worried about the US going to war in Iraq in 2003, and for a good reason, the war lasted for many years, just good memories …

1 Like

For some reason my grandmother’s brother was so intelligent that he knew that the war in Iraq was a disaster although the official military channels marketed the war to be over quickly as did the US military, he was an old man and had developed his intelligence over the period of his lifetime. He knew. We must respect these old men.

1 Like