I went on a wonderful, glorious camping trip with my girlfriend, now wife

My girlfriend and I just got back home from a wonderful, idyllic, four day, three night camping trip in Swan Lake, Carroll, Iowa. It was our honey moon and we exchanged vows and rings there and got unofficially married in our own, unique way. We are planning for me to move into her gorgeous house a year from now, when my apartment lease is up. I found out that my wife is so in her element out in nature. She’s like a different person out there. And for me, camping is pure fun. I want to do this every year at about this time. My wife has absolutely everything needed for camping. She has a wonderful, large sized, very comfortable tent with a queen sized air mattress that is very comfortable. She really made it happen for us.

27 Likes

Wow :open_mouth: that’s shocking. Congratulations @SkinnyMe that’s amazing :wink:

2 Likes

Your sticking to your values paid off in the end??

2 Likes

Yes. Pop. Francis cannot decide whether he will accept gay marriage or not. He changes his mind depending upon who his audience is. So, my confessor gave me the go ahead. I am not changing my religion.

4 Likes

I’m surprised I’m the only one to respond to this thread so far

1 Like

Enjoy yourself @SkinnyMe , may your marriage be successful.
I am glad you enjoyed your camping trip!

4 Likes

Thank you very much, @Chess24.

3 Likes

Congrats Gina, give my best to your wife and (lets just leave the unofficial part out)

i hope that you can take official vows some day and even further strengthen your unique relationship :slight_smile:

p.s. i love camping too, sounds awesome :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m glad you had such a good time.

4 Likes

I would never take official vows with my wife. She has way too many debts and is too prone to overspending. One would have to be quite mad to take official vows with her.

3 Likes

Wow, good for you @SkinnyMe!
I’m happy for you!

4 Likes

you could sign a prenuptial agreement maybe :confused:

2 Likes

Thank you very much @Wave.

3 Likes

No thanks. We’re happy with things the way they are. For many, many years, LGBT people married unofficially. We are just continuing that tradition.

5 Likes

I like your way of thinking Gina. Marriage can be vows between two of you doesn’t have to involve the world and a piece of paper.

4 Likes

I’m glad you found someone. It’s hard. I’m juggling the need to be alone with being the social animal we all are. Good luck to you.

P.S.
Camping is fun. Good for you.

4 Likes

Nice news/updates :slight_smile:
Have a wonderful and happy life :slight_smile: @SkinnyMe

3 Likes

Wow! I’m happy for you. There are some good places to backpack in eastern Oklahoma and central Arkansas. I wish I could backpack now, but the med’s make me so vulnerable to the weather that it probably wouldn’t be smart for me to try it.

3 Likes

Congratulations, @SkinnyMe

3 Likes

:slightly_smiling_face:congratulations!

:pray:t3::two_hearts:

3 Likes