Schizophrenia.com

I went mad on paper

It served a purpose. I wrote a poem about the end of the world and published it in the local advertiser. It’s perfect reading when I’m feeling despondent. I’m also glad it’s not all of the time.

2 Likes

Can you post it here?

I lost my copy of it. I remember almost all of it but there is an important line in it that I can’t remember. I’ll work on that and post it if I can remember it.

1 Like

Ok, thanks @chordy

1 Like

Hiya, Moon

Hiya, Moon
Come a little closer
Mother always wanted the moon
She sings a common and popular tune
Come down to us in a spiral
Landing on a dime.
Or would a crash landing be more to your liking
I’m too tired to care at this time
We’ll pick up the pieces in a century or two.
Our time is up like the dinosaur age.
Come down to us and print the next page.

1 Like

Wow, nice work! Do you write a lot of poetry?

No, it was just a one time inspiration. I signed a check for something I bought and the cashier saw my name and said “Is that you.” I said “Yes.” He said, “You’re famous.!” all because he read it in the advertiser. Guess it got around. If you need publicity the local advertiser is a good way to go.

1 Like

Too bad you don’t write more, I really enjoyed that. I never thought of that, taking out an advertisement. I’m cheap, I like the free stuff LOL. Or is the advertiser you’re talking about free as well?

1 Like

No. I have to pay a little for them to print it.

1 Like

It probably would be worth paying a bit for it. Get yourself in front of other people’s eyes

Yes/ I used it to make ads for piano and violin students.

1 Like

Oh, I didn’t realize you played both instruments. I pay a young lady $125 per track here in Ontario. That’s another market for you to break into, doing independent song work

I don’t even own a violin anymore.

1 Like

I was informed by experts here that I don’t write poems, I write “Word Salad”. I can also do epitaphs for post mortem analysis, if anyone here thinks they’re an expert…