I went mad on paper

It served a purpose. I wrote a poem about the end of the world and published it in the local advertiser. It’s perfect reading when I’m feeling despondent. I’m also glad it’s not all of the time.

2 Likes

Can you post it here?

I lost my copy of it. I remember almost all of it but there is an important line in it that I can’t remember. I’ll work on that and post it if I can remember it.

1 Like

Ok, thanks @PinCushion

1 Like

Hiya, Moon

Hiya, Moon
Come a little closer
Mother always wanted the moon
She sings a common and popular tune
Come down to us in a spiral
Landing on a dime.
Or would a crash landing be more to your liking
I’m too tired to care at this time
We’ll pick up the pieces in a century or two.
Our time is up like the dinosaur age.
Come down to us and print the next page.

1 Like

Wow, nice work! Do you write a lot of poetry?

No, it was just a one time inspiration. I signed a check for something I bought and the cashier saw my name and said “Is that you.” I said “Yes.” He said, “You’re famous.!” all because he read it in the advertiser. Guess it got around. If you need publicity the local advertiser is a good way to go.

1 Like

Too bad you don’t write more, I really enjoyed that. I never thought of that, taking out an advertisement. I’m cheap, I like the free stuff LOL. Or is the advertiser you’re talking about free as well?

1 Like

No. I have to pay a little for them to print it.

1 Like

It probably would be worth paying a bit for it. Get yourself in front of other people’s eyes

Yes/ I used it to make ads for piano and violin students.

1 Like

Oh, I didn’t realize you played both instruments. I pay a young lady $125 per track here in Ontario. That’s another market for you to break into, doing independent song work

I don’t even own a violin anymore.

1 Like

I was informed by experts here that I don’t write poems, I write “Word Salad”. I can also do epitaphs for post mortem analysis, if anyone here thinks they’re an expert…

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.