I went for a walk today

I live less than a mile from the Ocean, so I walked down there because the evening light was especially lovely.

Jayster

11 Likes

I went for a walk too this evening.

2 Likes

i walked to the mailbox dos that count?

2 Likes

only if walking from my bedroom to the kitchen and not getting any food out counts…

2 Likes

I envy you @Jayster, less than a mile from the ocean? I would so love to live that close to the ocean.
My Mom grew up (as did her mom and grandma) about 2 miles from the ocean, and her backyard is full of stuff they found on the beach, especially after a storm.
My favorites are those (blue) glass floats off the Japanese fishing boats, and parts off a ship that got stuck in the sandbar back around 1900.

3 Likes

Of course, glass floats are for sale for not much money in the local salvage stores. Today I found a pretty big conch shell, but it was just a fragment so I tossed it back

Jayster

I took a walk to the local super market from my house.
It took about 10 minutes each way by foot - not so far.

Lugging the groceries back was a bit of a pain, but I am glad that I went, I rarely travel by foot

3 Likes

I just did 20 min this morning
It take ten minute to walk to sea front from my flat

2 Likes

I love walking to the beach, too. I live about 400m from the sea (about 1300 feet). Its a wonderful privilege! :smile: We live in a large South-facing bay (called False Bay) surrounded on two opposite sides by mountains. Very scenic! The water is lovely and warm in summer, too.

2 Likes

The ocean is the best place to be ( for me ).
When I retire, I`m hoping to find a tiny house
near the sea–a fixer-upper…

1 Like